• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just really wondering why all the "hype" on AR"s?

In a word: Versatility

Because these are all ARs:

ssvmatch2b.jpg

FERFRANS_Piston_SOAR_FAS_Oakley_Juliets_1_8_30_08.jpg

AR-15%20Realtree.JPG

tacticoolAR15.jpg

ar15-ammunition-01.jpg

arRabbit.jpg

DeboraJ.Cheek1LoRes.jpg

ar15-barbie.jpg

DSC02053.JPG

Different jobs, different calibers, different setups, SAME GUN!

And if that doesn't convince you, remember they are Jesus approved!

Jesus%20AR15.jpg

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Such a versatile firearm, can be built in so many configurations and calibers. I've got them from .22 to .30 cal and they can be incredible tack drivers when built well. I shoot highpower and couldn't afford to shoot anything else, the AR is almost zero maintnance and I've got one that is still competitive with over 6000 rounds through the barrel. No stock bedding to worry about and other than a free floated barrel true to Stoners original 50+ year old design.

I'll stop now but I could go on for a long, long time. Without going into my favorite to reload, the 300 whisper. Stock AR, add a 30 cal barrel and load everything from 90 to 240 grain bullets, awesome.

cant say i agree with that...but i enjoy shooting them, and cant wait to get my own and trick it out. for purely range shooting though, ammo prices aside, the m14 is far superior.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I should have said, Compared to keeping a wood stocked rifle at a competitive level, the AR is almost zero maint.
    Or maybe I am a little partial to the Garands and M1A, so I feel the need to keep them perfectly cleaned and lubed at all times. My AR's are for shooting alot, and since Aluminum, stainless steel and plastic are so easy to keep servicable I do only the minimum.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    tracking.
    i didnt realize the m1a was the m14 in civilian form. i love the m14. i just got one with a 10x leupold and sniper stock on it. its pure ****.

Last edited:

oifvet2id

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Indy
    Just bought a Bushmaster xm15 e2s series m4a3, havent even shot it yet. I can already tell you I will love it. ARs are like transformers, more than meets the eye!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They're nice guns but Stoner never thought about ease of cleaning when he designed it. I guess I'm used to my platoon sergeant using a paper clip to check for dirt in the gas tube roll pin. I don't clean mine that way.

oifvet2id

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Indy
    They're nice guns but Stoner never thought about ease of cleaning when he designed it. I guess I'm used to my platoon sergeant using a paper clip to check for dirt in the gas tube roll pin. I don't clean mine that way.

Neither do I, but I still plan on converting mine to a gas piston system ASAP.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    When you have one it like you can't just have one. They will always be there when you need one. Plus like it has been said you can have it your way.

Man, you are not kidding!

I bought my first one in November, a standard A2 Bushy, shot it, and the obsession began.

I then picked up a Remington R15 VTR and put a badass Leupold scope on it.

Then, I ordered a Remington R25 in .308. (Still waiting, and will be for a while)

Then, a stripped Stag lower.

Then a stripped Rogio (sp?) lower.

Then a stripped Double Star lower.

Then a Double Star LPK.

Then a stock, and complete M4 upper at the Indy 1500.

I also have a Holosight. (an Eotech).

I'm ready to build #3 and am looking for parts for #4.

All since November, and my intent was to just get one! I shot it and all this started. In fact, I bought the R15 the day I first fired my Bushy!

Now I'm stocking up on ammo. Someone please make me stop!!!:cool:;)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Don't worry the Dems are working on it. ;)

Yeah, I heard Hillary the other night. They are eating themselves to do it, but the Dems in congress are nervous about it because of 1994. I almost think it would be worth it to get control of the congress again, then reverse the ban. I'm sick at what they are doing to the country.

We need another Ronald Reagan!

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Also, with an AR, if it's chambered for the 5.56 round you can feed it cheap(well, used to be anyway....) mil. surplus ammo.
    With a mini, you are limited to just .223

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    Also, with an AR, if it's chambered for the 5.56 round you can feed it cheap(well, used to be anyway....) mil. surplus ammo.
    With a mini, you are limited to just .223

what the man says is true. either way tho, even a 5.56 round is nothing but a .22 on steriods. i'm ready for the army to come out with its 6.8 carbine.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana

I bought my first one in November, a standard A2 Bushy, shot it, and the obsession began.

Then, I ordered a Remington R25 in .308. (Still waiting, and will be for a while)

Then a Double Star LPK.

All since November, and my intent was to just get one! I shot it and all this started. In fact, I bought the R15 the day I first fired my Bushy!

The disease you have Principal Skinr is hard to resist to be sure.
    I wonder (fear) if the government may have the cure for your disease on their agenda soon. I saw Hitler(ry) on Greta the other night talking about crime in Mexico being the result of the lax gun laws here in the US. :noway:
    When I asked my accountant about what should one do to prpare to the coming economic meltdown he replied: "Buy gold, guns, food, and alcohol. Gold because it will never loose it's value, guns because you may need them for protection or barter with them, food because one day you may not be able to buy any even with a wheelbarrow of money and alcohol because those who will want it will pay dearly for it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Then a Double Star LPK.

Hey I wanted to ask about the Roggio. I hadn't heard of that particular brand lower until I saw a bunch of them on Gunbroker for a reasonable price (BIN 130 I think). Are they as good as the Stag? I built mine on a stag lower and was very impressed by the quality. Now that the stripped lowers are all flooding GB, it might be time for the prices to come down again and to start buying again.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Hey I wanted to ask about the Roggio. I hadn't heard of that particular brand lower until I saw a bunch of them on Gunbroker for a reasonable price (BIN 130 I think). Are they as good as the Stag? I built mine on a stag lower and was very impressed by the quality. Now that the stripped lowers are all flooding GB, it might be time for the prices to come down again and to start buying again.

It looks great. It actually has a better appearance of quality than the Double Star. I have not seen the Stag yet. I'm still waiting for it. The Double Star has a couple of very minor flaws in the finish, but looks fine otherwise. I can't wait to see the Stag.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    the military doesn't use AR's.
    Yes, the M4 and M16 are both ARs. The M16A1 was the military name for the original AR15 when it was adopted as the new service rifle, and the design was refined with M16A2 in the 80's, a refinement mirrored in the civilian market. The AR carbines you can pick up at your local gun shop are basically semi-auto versions of what the troops are carrying around Iraq (though with a longer 16" barrel than the Army's 14.5" to comply with minimum barrel length legal restrictions).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom