• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    Just really wondering why all the "hype" on AR"s? What exactly makes it such a bad@$$ gun? Cause the police and military uses it? Everyone I've ever known to own one says it's kinda like owning an old Harley. Constant work & maintnance. I've got a mini-14 that I feel is about the same gun, it's a straight shooter and never fails nor needs maintnance. Am I missing something?

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Love my Old Harleys and Love my ARs...

Lets go to the range we both dump a full 30 rd mag then reload and see who's weapon still hits on target. Your mini should be all over the place and burning your hands.

The Mini-14 ia a great truck gun but it is not a weapon I would trust my life too if TSHTF.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Some like them for the fact that they are civilian facsimiles of military guns (some feel it is patriotic). Some like them because politicians don't.

I like mine because they're reliable, accurate guns. Oh yeah, and they're fun as all hell to shoot :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    never had an AR, just M16A1 and A2. I loved the rifle while I was in the Army so I'm happy to build an AR with a lot of info I got here. Now to just get that sweet INGO lower, it's the only piece missing :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    AR-15...... for people who never really out grew Legos.

Absolutely true in my case. These guns are fun to shoot but I also like the fact that they can be customized, change, altered into 100 different forms very easily by almost anyone with simply average skills and simple tools. They can be SHTF guns, fun target guns, great hunting guns, ultra accurate varmint guns, long range guns, hard hitting guns with big bore bullets, non-recoiling guns with 22lr uppers. And EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in between.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Stoner's engineering of the AR15/M16 platform is a design that has lasted for many years. Not too many firearms have lasted through as many years (and wars) as the AR15/M16 without giving way to a new concept. Now that there are so many aftermrket products for the AR it helps keep the civilian market going.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I got mine because if I don't get one now I may never get one if a ban happens. I don't think their the best gun out there, but they are versatile and parts are plentiful.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Absolutely true in my case. These guns are fun to shoot but I also like the fact that they can be customized, change, altered into 100 different forms very easily by almost anyone with simply average skills and simple tools. They can be SHTF guns, fun target guns, great hunting guns, ultra accurate varmint guns, long range guns, hard hitting guns with big bore bullets, non-recoiling guns with 22lr uppers. And EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in between.
    :+1:

Big Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    If they are anything like the M16, they are a blast to shoot. Very reliable and accurate. I could field break down and assemble in less than two minutes. Very fun gun.

RTDoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Quick, from the hip....

They are everything you ever had in a .22LR, a Garand, an AK, and a '72 Nova...

lpso708

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    When you have one it like you can't just have one. They will always be there when you need one. Plus like it has been said you can have it your way.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Such a versatile firearm, can be built in so many configurations and calibers. I've got them from .22 to .30 cal and they can be incredible tack drivers when built well. I shoot highpower and couldn't afford to shoot anything else, the AR is almost zero maintnance and I've got one that is still competitive with over 6000 rounds through the barrel. No stock bedding to worry about and other than a free floated barrel true to Stoners original 50+ year old design.

I'll stop now but I could go on for a long, long time. Without going into my favorite to reload, the 300 whisper. Stock AR, add a 30 cal barrel and load everything from 90 to 240 grain bullets, awesome.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom