• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    No idea. I'm sure someone on CandlePowerForums has done some exhaustive testing, but you'd have to search for it.

In my emergency lights, I typically don't push them to the end of battery life, or even anywhere near it. If I think I've got half an hour or so accumulated in a set of batteries, I'll change them and use the used batteries in a one cell light for utility purposes.
    Right. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that there are some lights out there that claim XXX lumens, but after only 1 minute of use they will have dropped to 75% of light output and steadily decrease. Then there are the lights that are XXX lumens which drop to 95-90% in a couple minutes, but stay in that range for a good amount of time.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1)

LEDs last essentially forever and don't break when you drop them. The Cree LEDs put out insane amounts of light. The drop-ins I have are much brighter than a standard G2 or even a G2L. I haven't pushed the batteries yet (I change them before they get close to being done typically and then use them one at a time in another light).
    I can't find the specific one on their site. Can you give me a hand?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here's part of what I sent in a private message earlier this week:

This is the module I showed you. The price has increased to $12.80, but it's still an excellent bargain. To use it in a G2, you will have to removes the larger spring that fits around the outside of the base of the reflector module. The current photo does not show that spring, so perhaps they no longer include it since people were throwing it away anyway. You may also have to shorten the spring that is attached to the bottom to get the head of your light to tighten flush with the body, but I just tighten mine as far as they will go and then I don't worry about it.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1447

I also have a light with this module installed:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6090

Light output is comparable to the module above and it's still at the $10.14 price I paid earlier this year. The catch with this version is, it also won't fit with the external spring in place, but it's too wobbly to work without a spring of some kind. I got it to work, but I had to use one of the springs I cannibalized from one of the other style (above) that will work without it.

I would go with sku #1447 (the first listed above).

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Here's part of what I sent in a private message earlier this week:
    Thanks. I saw that one, but wasn't sure.

Getting a price on the G2 Nitolon in the next few days. I will probably pick one of those up, along with the Cree conversion. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom