What kinda ammo does everyone like to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    All factory 9mm shoots great out of my SR9.If its not around $10 for FMJ ammo I don't need it.Lately I have been liking the Tula steel case for winter shooting,no need to save it.In the winter I use the Hornady Critical Defense for winter HD and Black Talons any other time.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Anything. If my gun won't run it, then the gun is broken. I've got my range cans where I dump all brands of 5.56/.223 for my AR in to one, and all brands of 9mm in the other. Any given mag could be a mix of 2-3 brands depending on what was cheap when I restocked. Lately it's been mostly PMC and Lake City for .223/5.56, and S&B and PMC for my 9mm. Usually some wolf and tula find their way in there, and they get mixed like everything else..

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Reloading is one of those: "There isn't much to it but there is a lot to it" type of hobby. Some internet forum browsing and a trip to a book store to look at a couple of manuals (The ABC's of Reloading) is a great place to start. Looking at powder manufacturer's websites can start to give you ideas. A minor investment of around $300-ish can get you a good start on the equipment (press, powder hopper, scale, reloading manual, calipers, dies and hand-held primer) and from there you research a load. It is about paying attention and being safe. Double-double checking your drops and cases length but once you get things set there is a unique satisfaction of making and shooting your own brand. This site and several others have great reloading sections with sticky notes on the top of each page going over lots of basic information. It takes attention to detail and a respect for what you are doing but you don't have to be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon to do it right.

How much on average can you save by reloading 9mm?

Top Bottom