• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Thanks for the sites. FoxNews in several broadcasts, have reported he will receive the gun back but have not been specific as to when. On a side note, while I fully think Z was in the right and I would have done the same thing, I would probably destroy the gun just to get the memories it would, no doubt, cause me to have down the road. Just my off topic thought.

?........It just a inannimate object......no more,no less......would'n bother me in'a slight'st......load up , an' back in'a waistband it'd go.....

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Thanks for the sites. FoxNews in several broadcasts, have reported he will receive the gun back but have not been specific as to when. On a side note, while I fully think Z was in the right and I would have done the same thing, I would probably destroy the gun just to get the memories it would, no doubt, cause me to have down the road. Just my off topic thought.

That's absolutely ridiculous. I would get it engraved with the date, and the inscription, "Not Guilty."

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    That's absolutely ridiculous. I would get it engraved with the date, and the inscription, "Not Guilty."

So you would be so proud you killed another individual you would put an inscription on the gun? Reminds me of the old west movies where the gunslinger would notch his gun after each killing. Your mother must also be so proud of you.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    So you would be so proud you killed another individual you would put an inscription on the gun? Reminds me of the old west movies where the gunslinger would notch his gun after each killing. Your mother must also be so proud of you.

I certainly wouldn't get rid of it. It isn't the intention to kill. The intention is to make someone stop what they're doing. If someone initiates combat with me, and I kill them in the process, that gun will hold a special place in my life, because it saved my life. It's something I would never give up, never sell.

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    I certainly wouldn't get rid of it. It isn't the intention to kill. The intention is to make someone stop what they're doing. If someone initiates combat with me, and I kill them in the process, that gun will hold a special place in my life, because it saved my life. It's something I would never give up, never sell.

I agree completely. It's my personal desire to never have to fire off a round in defense, but be it that it comes to that, then I'm practicing what the country was founded upon: the right to defend ourselves in our own times of need. IF i was a guilty party killing another individual for reasons such as detailed by the prosecution from the state of FL against Zimmerman, then perhaps the gun would be better away from me. But as far as getting it inscribed with "Not Guilty", i say that's a damn clever idea. Put the date of the incident on there. ****, put "May it never have to happen again" (GOOD LUCK fitting that on your PF9 =P)

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

Agree...
    Funny how nobody in the media ever talks about all the lives that guns save every day.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    While I agree, keeping it as the weapon that saved your life, is acceptable indeed. However, I think inscribing it with "not guilty" is imho like saying "I killed you and got away with it haha". While I have never killed anyone, I think it would probably the hardest thing I ever had to do.... Inscribing it on a gun seems like bragging to me.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i think we are looking at this the wrong way. People on ingo say all the time, you must shoot x amount of your sd ammo through your gun to be sure it is ready for self defense.
    this pf9 proved that in one shot. i would keep that pistol for a long time.
    as for the engaving. how about "suck it obama". or "listen for the pop".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

But you'd celebrate the date you took someone's life, justified or not? Do you honestly not see how tasteless that is? If you had the chance, would you cut off the ear of the perp, and make a necklace too? After all, having a piece of the first person you killed should have a special place in you life too. You could make a shadow box or something.

Dude.... Re-evaluate.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    But you'd celebrate the date you took someone's life, justified or not? Do you honestly not see how tasteless that is? If you had the chance, would you cut off the ear of the perp, and make a necklace too? After all, having a piece of the first person you killed should have a special place in you life too. You could make a shadow box or something.

Dude.... Re-evaluate.

That's a great idea. Too bad it isn't legal.

Top Bottom