• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Bow fishing is legal for some trash fish, carp included.

Josh <><

Correct. You can bowfish asian carp,silver carp,and gar on the wabash.
    Went camping on the wabash bout a month ago. Set in at New Harmony and paddeled upstream to the second beach on the right.Those asian carp suck when they jump out and land in your lap.

Gooch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    That's definitely an Asain carp. We bowfish for them in the headwaters of the Holston river down in TN. lIttle bit of work but lots of fun. You can walk right up to within a few yards of them in the grass before they take off.

ahighland

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Bloomington
    about as weird as seeing a 6+ lbs gold coy/goldfish swim by my canoe in Griffy

Was this recently? I catch a lot of decent bluegill and smaller bass there. I've heard that bluegills have been better in the recent past but some people will take a ton home every time and it has hurt the population.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    Was this recently? I catch a lot of decent bluegill and smaller bass there. I've heard that bluegills have been better in the recent past but some people will take a ton home every time and it has hurt the population.
    Yeah, about 1 month ago. I had to do a double take. I dont fish for panfish at griffy, as I prefer not to eat out of there. But the bass fishing has gone down lately. Guys seem to do well with catfish though.

Top Bottom