What is your primary reason for owning a firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your primary reason for owning a firearm?

• Total voters

michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I voted for defense. It is of the utmost importance to me to protect my family (hopefully I'll never have the need to do so). I do, however, love to head out to the farm with my friends and target practice with my friends!

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    When I purchased my first gun, It was strictly for Defense and to Protect my Wife and Kids. 7yrs later it has turned into an addiction. After every purchase, I plan my next buy of something even cooler. Now my reasons could entail Hunting, It's cool, target shooting, defense and finally it is my RIGHT as an American to be able to own a gun.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Quite honestly, I purchased my first gun because it was 'cool'. A Beretta 92FS shortly after the military adopted it. All guns since, rifle, shotgun or rifle, were because of defense. All have their place in a proper defense plan.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I had to stop and think about the question. I answered "Family Legacy". I too own different firearms for different reasons today but the first guns I owned are a shotgun that belonged to my great grandfather and a rifle that was a gift from my parents.
    Would I own guns today, if I had not been given these firearms? I am sure I would but these two really started it all, so I am going with family legacy.

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    guns

I purchased my first 20 or so guns for hunting Since I grew up in a rural area where every one knew everybody, having to use a gun for defense never occured to me . Then Viet Nam came along and it was kill or be killed . Since that time life became a lot more complicated I moved closer to " town " to work and was exposed to a whole new group of people . Some who would steal from you or rob you to keep from having to work for what they wanted in life The first 30 or so years of my life my guns were for hunting and target shooting . For the rest of my life it looks like my guns primary use will be for protecting my family, my self and the things in life that I have worked so hard for .:ar15:

marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    My first firearm was purchased for hunting. Since then i have become more aware of the responsibility to protect my family and myself. The up side to that is going to the range and taking out some aggression on a terrorist target. lot's of fun. But my primary reason now day's would have to be defense.

Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    I voted for defense because that is why I became a gun owner. However, now I buy guns because it pisses off hippies! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom