• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    remmy

i use the 20 ga remington 2 3/4" buckhammers in my NEF rifled single shot. i can put 2 shots touching at 100 yds with 'em and they don't beat you up too badly. it doesn't like the new sabots AT ALL!

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Lightfield IDS Plus, because they are the most accurate out of my gun.

Good hits with nearly anything put deer down. Back in the smoothbore only days we shot some marginal slugs. No expansion, terrible BC, overly soft lead. Good hits with them still put deer down. Deer aren't hard targets. Big vitals, thin skin, ribs not particularly hard to punch through.

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I TRIED THE 12 GA REMINGTON ACCUTIP. I PUT MY RANGE FINDER ON A DOE AT 64 YARDS .PUT MY CROSSHAIRS UNDER THE EAR AND DROPPED HER IN HER TRACKS

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I went to the range the other day to sight in my muzzy. Just before I left I remembered this thread and got curious about what my 870 can do with the Remington Accu-Tip slugs. So at 100 yards I got about a 3 inch group, moved out to the 225 yard range and put three pieces of normal computer paper side-by-side-by-side. Hit it 3 our of 5 times, one on the left most paper and 2 in the top of the center paper. I estimated the hold over by shooting my .22 (the hold-over was about 3/4 up the 20 food berm)which is roughly shooting 1/2 as fast as my slugs, 1000fps vs. 1800fps, not perfect but it got me close. Someday I'm going to shoot more at that range, those slugs are just so darn expensive.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    i deer hunt with 3 different shotguns just depending on what mood im in lol, i use remington buckhammers in my 1400 smoothbore and these slugs have insane knockdown power theres no trcking with these, the second is core lockts i use in my 1300 i can shoot out to 100 yards easy with them and they have plentyof knockdown power, the third is sst's in 20 gauge they are amazing i shot twice this year with that gun and dropped two does in their tracks all within maybe two minutes, got one in the neck and one in the heart, those are definately my number 1 pick

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I use the remington 2-3/4 12ga." punkin balls" in my 11OO I bught rural king out of them end of season a few years back 1.79 a box should have driven to all the stores..

Top Bottom