• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bsinger82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Evansville / Indy
    I think that is a hard question to answer with one gun. Sporting clays/Upland Game it would have to be a Browning Cynergy. Waterfowl: Benelli. Tactical: Remington 870 Slug Gun: Mossberg

Just my 2 cents.

johnjw77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    I shot a Remington 1100 LT-20 for about 10 years and took more dear than I can count with it. It was an unbelievably reliable gun and I kick myself in the nuts daily (I have a video of it actually) for trading it off. I now shoot a 870 wingmaster with a hastings cantilever rifled barrel and im not sure you could convince me to give it up (except possibly for me old lt-20). I also have a remmy 1100 with a 30" full choke that I havent even shot yet but am thinking about getting a hastings for it too. Remington, in my opinion, makes the best quality and most reliable affordable shotgun out there. :yesway: to Remington!!!!!!

70worm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Pendleton
    When I was younger my NR Davis dbl was my go to gun,but now I use a Smith autoloader. Like everyone else on the planet I have a Mossberg 500 that is always good for everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I really loved my custom built Siaga but I sold it so maybe I didn't love it that much.
    I truly love my 1300 defender but I also care alot for the new Mossy 590 in the safe. Then I see my Mossy 930 and am confused by my feelings for the others. My 1100 sings a sweet song. Its big brother 11-87 with all the toys brings a smile to my face. Like being in a breast bar full of sweet ladies. I just can't say.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    As of tonight, the Mossberg 930SPX! It is brand new and ate everything I put through it. FAST and controllable.
    mossberg%20001.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I am not much a shotgun guy. But I would have to say my favorite is my Remington MDL 11. I was the first semi-auto shotgun made in the USA.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have several shotuns. None are really any more of a "favorite" than another, but one does bring a little bigger smile to my face when I consider it.

It's a Weatherby SA08 semi-auto 12ga.

Why does it bring a bigger smile? Because it is the only shotgun I own that was a gift.

Last edited:

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Remington 1100 LT20 -- regular stock or the special field model. Both are fantastic.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I loved my old 1100 magnum 12.
    Triples on geese and doves are just too cool (doves I ran WW Superhandicap 2 3/4 7.5's and it cycled fine, on honkers used 3" bismuth).
    Just redid a reg 1100 to mag for a beater, need to add recoil pad and I'll be set for this fall!

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    my favs would be a mossberg 590 for the fact that 350 bucks you get a very reliable and awesome shot gun that holds 8+1 shells! and the old H&R single shot 12 gauges just because ive took the life of many skeet in my days with one of them

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    My Winchester 97. Ive always had a love for these and mine is beautiful except I need a buttplate. I want another one cause I wanted the trench gun with the heat shield/bayonet lug. Im probably going to get a Cimarron or Norinco to do it to cause I cant afford the original Winchester lol but heres my baby and I know im sorta old school.

Pros well its fast and with a little modification you can do 6+1 plsu the patterns are insanely tight. Its classy and not something you see much these days Maybe you could say the polychoke as well. This thing will run with any pump out there whatever the game would be. I can do anything that the people I know try to do with a more modern say a 870 or 500. Cons mine is so long it doesnt fit in the safe or around corners or in my small truck. Parts arent easy to come by. If you dont watch what your doing you can rip some skin off your thumb when you cycle the bolt and can be sort of unforgiving compared to a "modern" shotgun. All of that said I will never let this amazing american classic leave my possession cause like a 1911 John Browning did this gun right and It has character which is more than I can say for the modern times of Synthetic this and ghost ring that with its shiny fiber optic stuff and fancy recoil pads. One day I will get a model 12 to sit next to it as well.
    picture.php

Last edited:

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    My favorite (out of the MANY that I own(ed) and shot) would have to be my Benelli Super Black Eagle. Why do I like it the most out of all of them, you ask? It's not because it's extremely reliable, smooth as butter and has had more shells shot through it than I can count (well over 10,000 rounds). Nope. It's because it FITS ME PERFECTLY! I don't have to make ANY adjustments when I shoulder the firearms. Everything falls into place, just like it should. Perfect length of pull, perfect comb height and perfect sight alignment. That's the #1 most important thing when purchasing a shotgun. The rest of those perks are just icing on the cake....:twocents:

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I have not shot many, but so far it is the FN SLP. Nothing about it could use improvement that I can think of. Simply well done.

Top Bottom