• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The (new to me) Olight M20 "Warrior" continues to impress me. There are a couple of things I don't like:

1. I don't like the way it switches from modes (three brightness levels and a strobe)

2. The ring that allows you a "cigar" hold is too close to the switch in the back. It's a great feature, but I would suspect that person who spec'd the location for the ring is inexperienced in how to properly use the Rogers Technique for shooting with a pistol and a light.

Other than that, me likey. It's freakin' bright (250 lumens claimed, but it's easily in the 225 range), it has a pocket clip, it has a really nice lanyard system, and did I mention it's really freakin' bright?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ugh. I won't buy another Maglight. Back in the day, it was the light to have. It was the most rugged toolbox light out there. Then they stagnated while everyone else was developing super-bright LED lights. Now there are plenty of better alternatives out there. Maglight just couldn't or didn't keep up with the competition.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Scutter I disagree. To this day there is a 4 d-Cell mag between the seat and the door of my truck. It is the light I prefer when I am rendering assistance to an unknown motorist. Because when in doubt you can smite someone with it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've got several but my favorite isn't the brightest or most expensive. For overall construction, durability and ease of carry: It is still my favorite. :)

Nitecore SmartPD D10 R2

(I can't argue with a good "smiting" though.)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter I disagree. To this day there is a 4 d-Cell mag between the seat and the door of my truck. It is the light I prefer when I am rendering assistance to an unknown motorist. Because when in doubt you can smite someone with it.

Oh, sure, it's great when you need a club but it sucks when you need a flashlight. :):

I bought a Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme 4w 3c LED at Meijer for 20 bucks that will set a tree on fire from 100 yards away.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    FYI... Amazon has the Fenix LOD-CE Q4 on sale, 60% off. Original price is $89.95, but right now it's $35.70 + $6.68 shipping.

I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get a couple of these. We're trying to save money, but wow that's a good price.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm so all-over-the-fence on this one..

I'm with Jeremy for starters - I do have the ol' 4D Maglite in the car door. With an LED upgrade, of course..

I've also got a Surefire M4 with the crenelated bezel.. 700 lumens of yummy light, hot enough to physically burn, and you can use it as a cane..

Then a pocket-carried Novatac.. and a Hannah Montana keychain light!!

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    I'm an old guy with limited income and I get by with a trio of cheapies from Sportsmans Guide. One a single AA battery LED with a focused lens which is always in my pocket for out to 15 foot and the other a 7 LED flood style which works good with more light to cover a 12 foot circle at 15 foot. That one is great in a campsite for wide angle lighting. I also have a Coast 2 C-cell focused lens which thows a very bright beam at 60 yards at the lake. Never tried looking any farther than that.

Most of my use is at short range and a flood style viewing area instead of the read a newspaper at 100 yard use. I did like the Maglites 35 years ago when I was in Police work. Today there is a couple of generations of new lights to choose from and I no longer look for intruders fifty yards away.

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    I have Romisen RC-F4 that I really like. It has an upgraded emitter that put out 220 Lumes and will last about 5-6 hours on 123 Lithium batteries. And the best part is It was 25 bucks on Ebay.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    My favorite... batteries last forever. mine is green.

CFL420WRE-LPENR.jpg

Close second... I'm gonna get a bunch of these for the kids... is the same brand (couldn't find it on the website), but is a 3-LED crank rechargeable with a little carabiner clip built into the grip.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I've had nothing but good experiences with my SureFire 6P's. They are great lights, but you'll probably need one of their nifty waterproof battery carriers for backup power if you use it too much.

bradkilburn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    definitely surefire i used surefired over in Iraq everyday and they are very durable and the battery life is really good to and they light up whatever you want really good

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    I have a single AA battery CREE flashlight that is amazing! One easy to find battery and long lasting brightness. A headlight is a must for me entering the woods during deer season. I use the red light to make it to my treestand.

Top Bottom