• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    SureFire does make good stuff and it's as sturdy as you can get. You might want to consider an LED module for your G2. You'll get more light with slightly better battery life, and LEDs last essentially forever ... they aren't fragile like the filament inside the incandescent lamp in your G2.

My favorite light that I currently own is my Fenix T11. It's crazy bright (rated at 225 lumens, I think), will throw a beam over 200 meters (this is an LED too), and had a built-in ring so I can use a "Rogers" hold if I so choose. It has a clicky switch, so I can have either momentary "on," or "on." The switch is also recessed just enough it minimizes accidental pushes, but still protrudes enough to bump with your palm if you hold it Rogers-style.

What my favorite flashlight really is remains to be seen ... there so many.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    +1 on the Fenix line. I carry a P3D daily. Paid around $55 for it. Have had it for a year and a half.

Utilizes a Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours
    Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel
    General Mode: 9 lumens (65hrs) -> 40 lumens (13hrs) -> 90 lumens (4.8hrs) -> SOS
    Turbo Mode: 160 lumens (1.8hrs) -> Strobe
    Love the different modes. Great light.

My other light I used before this one is a E2D surefire. Max Output: 60 lumens Runtime: 1.25 hours

Good light paid around $110 for it. Has the strike bezel, which is nice. The surefire has gotten retired duty since I got the Fenix. Surefire has hardly any finish left on it. Advantage for me goes to the Fenix. Next one will be of the more tactical type that Rhino is talking about.

Both lights are better than nothing when taken on a flight. They are both alowed in carry-on.

Last edited:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have a SF E2e and a handfull of G2's, none are LED as I have had them for a while and they all work as is.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Few things are more fun than getting together for dinner in a restaurant with a bunch of "gun guys," and trying to blind each other with the flashlights you carry.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Wow, very hard question for me. I love good flashlights...LOL Got so many sitting around it is just hard to tell. Have a rechargable Maglight in the charger mounted to the headboard of the bed.

Keep a Streamlight Strion in its charger mounted to the right side frame at the front door and a Streamlight Ultra Stinger mounted the same way at the back door.

Keep a Pentagonlight X2 Xenon next to my chair. Both the truck and car have a couple good flashlights in them with extra batteries. Not counting all the lights I have hanging aroung in other places in the house. Have a whole drawer of lights I have brought and for so reason I found them wanting.

Think I might have an addiction...:laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have a SF E2e and a handfull of G2's, none are LED as I have had them for a while and they all work as is.

+1. My first "tactical" light was a Surefire 6P (so old it is marked "Laser Products" on the tailcap); I still have it and it's still going strong. I have since bought a second 6P, several G2s, and have built up a "Classic"-style weaponlight from spare parts I had laying around. I've been through a crapload of batteries but have yet to change a bulb in any of them.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Few things are more fun than getting together for dinner in a restaurant with a bunch of "gun guys," and trying to blind each other with the flashlights you carry.

This is very true.

Nothing like watching rhino temporarely blind himself showing off his new fancy pants flashlight! ;)

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Just got a G2 LED model for my birthday . . . I'll be replacing the P60 in my G2 w/ a G2LED module soon. Also, played with a E2DL (LED model of the E2D) and I think when the money is there, it'll become my EDC light.

Though, I'm also still a fan of the big'ol Maglite 4 D-Cell model. :)

Says the person who whipped out the Surefire so they could run the Coach's calculator at dinner in June. At least you weren't trying to blind us . . . or yourself.:D

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I carry an e2d everyday, have a G2 in each vehicle, and 6P and 6Z in the house. Thinking of converting everything over to led though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Says the person who whipped out the Surefire so they could run the Coach's calculator at dinner in June. At least you weren't trying to blind us . . . or yourself.:D

And it worked!

And, I did not bore anyone with a monolog about Einstein and the Photoelectric Effect!

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    +1. My first "tactical" light was a Surefire 6P (so old it is marked "Laser Products" on the tailcap); I still have it and it's still going strong. I have since bought a second 6P, several G2s, and have built up a "Classic"-style weaponlight from spare parts I had laying around. I've been through a crapload of batteries but have yet to change a bulb in any of them.

I have a 6P with the Laser Products logo on it, too. It's almost bare aluminum now, and the knurling is nearly worn off, but I've been a mechanic for almost 23 years and this one's been either on my belt, or in my hand for maybe 9 or 10 of those years. Lots of 123 batteries, and several bulb replacements. Might have to invest in an LED bulb, as I burn batteries!!
    Also use an M2, and M3 Combat Lights out on the town, or hunting. Comes in handy for that after dark blood trail.

Top Bottom