• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    Benchmade 556 Mini-Griptilian Knife, is what i carry when i'm not working. I like everything about it aside from the point up orientation in my pocket. I have poked myself in the palm a couple of times. For work i carry the Gerber E.A.B. its super cheap and replacing the blades means i always have something sharp.

tmater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Absolutely love my GERBER 06 AUTOMATIC. I have carried it every day for over 2 years. It is very robust, safety locks open and closed, had a glass breaker on the end, and is AMERICAN made.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Benchmade 556 Mini-Griptilian Knife, is what i carry when i'm not working. I like everything about it aside from the point up orientation in my pocket. I have poked myself in the palm a couple of times.

Not sure if the mini is the same as the standard size, but on my griptilian you can switch which side the clip is on. If you're having issues with it opening in your pocket, switch the clip side so that the blade would open towards the back of your pocket. Having it clipped on would prevent it from opening

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Soon my brand spanking new EDC will be the S35VN Arktika shown in the video, if you all cant tell I like the big overbuilt knives
    [video=youtube;Axh-PQ1YlKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axh-PQ1YlKI[/video]

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    Not sure if the mini is the same as the standard size, but on my griptilian you can switch which side the clip is on. If you're having issues with it opening in your pocket, switch the clip side so that the blade would open towards the back of your pocket. Having it clipped on would prevent it from opening

On this one the only mounting hole from the clip are on the same end as the point of the blade. I'm just very careful when I need it.
    556_agency_1000x310.jpg

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    On this one the only mounting hole from the clip are on the same end as the point of the blade. I'm just very careful when I need it.
    556_agency_1000x310.jpg

That's what he is saying. Don't flip it, just put the clip on the other side. Not the other end. Still carry tip up, but do so that if the blade were to open, it would open to the back of the pocket and not out to where your hand is going. This way actually helps hold the blade closed if it is prone to opening.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    CRKT M16-01KZ . I paid 20$ for it and its been a great bang for the buck! its sharp, it locks well, sturdy, not big and heavy, and if I ruin it or lose it i'm not out much. I would like a fixed blade ESEE 4 or something next I think, I drool over them every gunshow... My backup knife is a Gerber paraframe ( walmart special), which is just okay.

I used to carry once of those gerber box cutter knives, the ones that you can swap a razor blade into. it opened on me in my pocket twice and it is now limited to car duty. sliced myself up pretty good one day with it and I was done!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I shall match everyones 0300's and raise an Medford Knife and Tool Fat Daddy as the king of sturdy knifes, with a full titanium body and a .260 thick blade it is hard to beat.

Meh.

Soon my brand spanking new EDC will be the S35VN Arktika shown in the video, if you all cant tell I like the big overbuilt knives

Meh.

I'm going to chop your wimpy Arktika in two with the Ganzo G720 I have on the way.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Just picked up this dragonfly 2, Very nice little knife, well worth the money if anyone is on the fence. I got the G10 model cost a bit more than the FRN models but man is it nice.

Im not sure why I didn't already have one.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Benchmade Mini-Griptilian
    Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

I bought the benchmade from Brad at the last 1500, ordered the spyderco online last month. Had I bought the spyderco first I may have never bought the mini. Carry the spyderco every day now.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Every Leek I have handled has been subpar to even my 2 dollar awesome Byrd knife. The leek has a very weak spring assist that requires a flick to be 100 percent locked open. For a 50-60 dollar knife made in the USA the quality is worse than the Kershaw Chinese knives I have. At least my Chinese knives have strong assist springs that fling that blade open every time.

Top Bottom