• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Question 33 - No answer is correct. Taxes can equal government spending but we can still have a debt, printing money is a non sequitur, government helping is irrelevant to the question, tax per person doesn't necessarily equal government spending, and the question doesn't address tax loopholes and special spending. The correct answer would be that the budget is balanced and there is no deficit.
    No. If tax income = spending, then tax income per person = spending per person. This is (i believe) the transitive property in math.

Not that this would ever happen, but IF tax income DOES equal spending, then the per person equivalents would also be equal... and that IS the correct answer.

Question 30 - 30) Which of the following fiscal policy combinations would a government most likely follow to stimulate economic activity when the economy is in a severe recession?

They said "most likely" and then gave the answer as correct that would be most effective. In my experience it is extremely unlikely in a recession that the government would lower spending and taxes.
    the correct answer is lower taxes and increase spending. We've just experienced this exact action.

Fair enough... This is an abstraction and "most likely" and "most effective" are not the same thing (though, in this case, I believe any economist will tell you they are).

I still fail to see the political slant you are inferring earlier.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Shadowbeach, I think there's some truth in this. But JBusch8899 mentioned "College professors don't teach the facts, and the people are buying the crap that politicians are spewing. Ya think that this is the reason why the country is in the shape that it is?" I've always believed that education is a continuing effort that doesn't end when you graduate high school, college, etc. So even if some professors don't teach facts, I'd hope that anyone who went to the trouble to go to school would continue to make the effort to learn and educate themselves.

I was thinking about all that last night. Look what the test says about average Americans and College Professors, then look at the average score for us as gun owners.

The results clearly show that all Americans should become Gun Owners and should Join INGO.... :rockwoot:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I was thinking about all that last night. Look what the test says about average Americans and College Professors, then look at the average score for us as gun owners.

The results clearly show that all Americans should become Gun Owners and should Join INGO.... :rockwoot:
    Imagine how much worse your score would of been, if you hadn't joined INGO. :D

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    You answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %
    Average score for this quiz during May: 76.5%
    You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will only count once toward the monthly average.
    If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email americancivicliteracy@isi.org.
    You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.
    Where to from here?

Answers to Your Missed Questions:

Question #7 - D. Gettysburg Address
    Question #8 - C. appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his views
    Question #11 - A. their arguments helped lead to the adoption of the Bill of Rights
    Question #12 - B. the Supreme Court struck down most legal restrictions on it in Roe v. Wade
    Question #13 - E. certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason
    Question #26 - C. revenue minus expenses
    Question #27 - A. the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends
    Question #31 - A. an increase in a nation’s productivity
    Question #33 - D. tax per person equals government spending per person

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

The test isn't difficult if you try to answer it from the perspective of a high school textbook.

That must explain why I did so poorly in high school.:noway:

However, I did somehow manage to graduate from college with a B.S.B.A., Magna *** Laude.:yesway:

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %

Not bad but still I think I need to bush up on some things.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    No. If tax income = spending, then tax income per person = spending per person. This is (i believe) the transitive property in math.

Not that this would ever happen, but IF tax income DOES equal spending, then the per person equivalents would also be equal... and that IS the correct answer.

I still fail to see the political slant you are inferring earlier.

You're right on both of these. I went through it quickly, and I think my thoughts of bias were based on the distractors rather than the answers.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    That must explain why I did so poorly in high school.:noway:

However, I did somehow manage to graduate from college with a B.S.B.A., Magna *** Laude.:yesway:

In High School, you're not being tested over the truth, you're being tested over the whitewashed state-sanctioned version of the truth. Scoring 100% on such a test is not necessarily a good thing in high school.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

93.94%.

To be honest a few of those were guesses. It helps that I just finished and Economics class and a Managerial Accounting class this semester.:rockwoot:

Some of the questions need to be better phrased and some of the answers need to be better articulated but otherwise an interesting questionnaire.

I don't believe I had to guess at any of the historical questions, but one about a "wall of separation" was a good guess.

The two (2) I missed were:

Question #29 - B. a resident can benefit from it without directly paying for it
    Question #33 - D. tax per person equals government spending per person

I am not going to argue about their reasoning. I suppose if we were to discuss their logic they would be able to explain it away.

Anyway, neat link.

Regards,

Doug

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %
    Average score for this quiz during May: 76.5%

Missed one due to misreading. Can't complain.

Top Bottom