• Sig P320 variant

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

mastermayhm069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    A few months ago I needed a smaller carry gun. We can brag all we want about our carrying our Glock 19s and 1911 commanders, but let’s get real they are not exactly “social guns”. Even my trusty Walther PPS (1st Gen, El Original single stack) was a little large when it comes to deep concealment. Since I gave my S&W642 to my father, I began my search for a replacement.

Local gun shop had a used S&W CSX show up in the case. The little gun sat unloved for some time. Now this shop treats me pretty good so I figured for 3 bills why not give it a go. It is an interesting design. Like a J Frame made sweet love to a 1911. Being metal and not plastic really allowed them to shave down the size. So snubby sized gun with 13 rounds. I have found the little gun follows me around most of the time now. Overall it represents a nice evolution in technology.

Pros: it is accurate, has good sights, and holds a decent amount of ammunition, very manageable shooter given its size.
    Cons: the trigger! Not only is it rough but it also doesn’t always reset if you ride it. The other issue is it is so small that it is actually hard to reload.
    i still rock the 1st gen PPS 40. pros: good looks, cons: baby single stack

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    A few months ago I needed a smaller carry gun. We can brag all we want about our carrying our Glock 19s and 1911 commanders, but let’s get real they are not exactly “social guns”. Even my trusty Walther PPS (1st Gen, El Original single stack) was a little large when it comes to deep concealment.
    I don’t know, I recently switched from a microcompact to carrying a Glock 19. I just don’t shoot the microcompacts as well as I want to and know I’ll shoot worse in a stressful situation, so I’ve decided that something a little bigger is the best choice for me.

I’m sure I do print a little bit more than before, but I carry IWB at 4 o’clock and I think my badonkadonk helps hide it to an acceptable degree.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don’t know, I recently switched from a microcompact to carrying a Glock 19. I just don’t shoot the microcompacts as well as I want to and know I’ll shoot worse in a stressful situation, so I’ve decided that something a little bigger is the best choice for me.

I’m sure I do print a little bit more than before, but I carry IWB at 4 o’clock and I think my badonkadonk helps hide it to an acceptable degree.

Nothing wrong with Glock 19s. They are the ultimate carry gun and absolutely easier to shoot. You bring up an excellent point. Still, sometimes printing even a little bit more is simply not an option. I have no doubt there are people who can hide whatever gun they need to hide. Keep in mind how much concealment is necessary depends on the situation.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Nothing wrong with Glock 19s. They are the ultimate carry gun and absolutely easier to shoot. You bring up an excellent point. Still, sometimes printing even a little bit more is simply not an option. I have no doubt there are people who can hide whatever gun they need to hide. Keep in mind how much concealment is necessary depends on the situation.
    I draw the line at the prison wallet!

Top Bottom