• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Read an article about a homeles guy who walked into a bank, flashed a pocketknife at a teller, stole the money, then sat outside on the curb with the knife about 4 feet away from him and just waited to be arrested. He just wanted a place to stay that would feed him and put a roof over his head before winter hit. I bet we start seeing more of this type of behavior as well.

Personally, a good solid BoL is the weak spot in my preps currently. I have water, food, various and sundry supplies stockpiled. But the place I reside is a dump and all but indefensible and not a place I wish to remain anyways.

Currently it's Bug In and Pray for me, but not real happy about it. ....dang 30+% local unemployment rate....:xmad::abused:

I know what you're talking about. The guy rob the bank so he can go to jail to get food, shelter and medical care. Which sounds pretty good about now......

I mean, why work? You can get 3 meals a day, reeses time, shelter and medical care all at the expense of someone else. :noway:
    lol. But that was a sad story. I think he rob the bank for $1

Folap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    What about a scout camp? Most of them are pretty well off the beaten path and I doubt that many people would think to flee to one in the event of SHTF. Some camps are well stocked with large buildings full of all maner of camping supplies.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    What about a scout camp? Most of them are pretty well off the beaten path and I doubt that many people would think to flee to one in the event of SHTF. Some camps are well stocked with large buildings full of all maner of camping supplies.

well you could go there and use their stuff, but if its not really the end of the world then your just a looter, if it really is the end of the world then your a scavenger and its ok.

jake

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i plan to bury my head in the sand and pretend there is no problems at all.. like a politician!

but seriously, i will be heading to a location 20 plus miles from any major city, 10 from major roads where i can live off the land and be protected by geographical featurs that are in my favor of defense/survival. all i gotta do is keep a half tank of gas at all times, and i can always make the drive there to disappear

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    I am looking for someplace, currently it is home, ne suburbs of Indy. I'd like to get about and hour and half away from Indy, preferrably SW. I dont want to have to worry about Chicagoians (sp?) coming down 65 trying to leave that city.

Top Bottom