tanqueray.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    O+ but cant donate cause of overseas trips. Which is too bad, cause I was told they were really looking for my blood, with all the vaccinations, and crap that the Army injected me with. Also, now with the treatment im just finished, cant either, oh well.

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Having worked in trauma for many years we rarely ask for blood type for fear a family member might be wrong. Blood typing is so rapid in hospitals (including all the smaller compatibility crossmatches) that it is safer to give O and then check type so we can give blood we know is correct. Blood now may be A+xyz. Not just A+. So good to know if normal system structures have fallen but in traditional hospital setting without the world ending you don't really need too worry about it too much.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You should find out, that's important.

It's not really that important in the US at least. I mean not emergently. No one will trust your document and will always do a formal type and crossmatch before providing blood, unless it's emergency release blood and they are giving you O+ (if male) and O- (if childbearing age female or younger).

If a family member comes in and will need a donation, most places are not setup to do an emergent directed donation of blood. It takes time to process the blood for HIV/HepC/CMV, etc... Last I heard was about two weeks from donation to use of a unit of blood but it's probably a bit quicker now.

If you were considering for organ or marrow donation it could help as a quick screen I guess.

Sylvain, was there something else you were getting at that I missed?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, I got the test in the mail, and best I could tell, I was O+, but invalid because there was strong agglutination in the control panel, where there should be none. Must be the vampire thing.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's not really that important in the US at least. I mean not emergently. No one will trust your document and will always do a formal type and crossmatch before providing blood, unless it's emergency release blood and they are giving you O+ (if male) and O- (if childbearing age female or younger).

If a family member comes in and will need a donation, most places are not setup to do an emergent directed donation of blood. It takes time to process the blood for HIV/HepC/CMV, etc... Last I heard was about two weeks from donation to use of a unit of blood but it's probably a bit quicker now.

If you were considering for organ or marrow donation it could help as a quick screen I guess.

Sylvain, was there something else you were getting at that I missed?

I was not trying to go anywhere really. :)
    I was just curious.I was reading some things about blood type distribution by countries.
    You can almost tell the nationality of a group, if you have a large enough group, by looking at their blood types.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Silver bullets are for werewolves. If they made vampire bullets, they'd have to have wood or garlic essence in them. You got your monsters mixed up.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Silver bullets are for werewolves. If they made vampire bullets, they'd have to have wood or garlic essence in them. You got your monsters mixed up.

I agree with TV, silver bullets are for werewolves. :rolleyes:
    But I believe carving a cross on a silver bullet may work on a vampire too.
    You then would have to find a priest to bless your ammo of course.
    Holy water is a water gun could work as well. :D

I think, I could be wrong. :dunno:

Top Bottom