• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have been doing endless research and I can't come to a conclusion...
    I think it is safe to say that most federal and state level politicians are members of America's high class or are greatly influenced by it. We all know and some politicians know that gun control only disarms law abiding citizens, most of whom constitute the middle class. Does anybody else think that "gun control" is just another way the rich attempt to achieve complete supremacy over the middle and low class?

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Gun control is not about controlling guns, it's about controlling people and being able to keep us under the thumb of government force without fearing reprisal.

It's no coincidence that the strongest proponents of gun control are also usually the biggest proponents of regulation and micromanaging everyone's lives, ala Michael Bloomberg.

cubsfan1984

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Gun control is not about controlling guns, it's about controlling people and being able to keep us under the thumb of government force without fearing reprisal.

It's no coincidence that the strongest proponents of gun control are also usually the biggest proponents of regulation and micromanaging everyone's lives, ala Michael Bloomberg.

/endthread

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I believe it is about controlling the middle class working citizen. How much money does it take to win a congessional election ??? Members of congress are not the average working men/woman. If you have the money and influence, you can do anything and don't care about the laws an average person has to live by.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I think it is safe to say that most federal and state level politicians are members of America's high class or are greatly influenced by it. We all know and some politicians know that gun control only disarms law abiding citizens, most of whom constitute the middle class. Does anybody else think that "gun control" is just another way the rich attempt to achieve complete supremacy over the middle and low class?

I suspect that too.

I don't think all wealthy americans are out to dominate the rest of us, but I do know that some wealthy people are made nervous by the prospect of armed poor people and would see them disarmed.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    They want to control the people, yet have guns for their protection. What somewhat intelligent, imaginative and motivated individual of any social class would want to be controlled by these jokers? I don't want to be a bee in a bee hive and I don't want to be the queen bee either. I want to exercise my own judgement, possess liberty of my own doing and live freely as a law abiding citizen that wishes prosperity for my family by my own actions and hard work. I ask for little, give much and wish for the freedom to do as I wish without an overly sensitive weakling telling what I can and cannot do. Again, they wish to control the populous to the highest degree the citizenry will allow without revolting against a tyrannical government.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle

Gun control is about power and who retains that power. A famous Chinese dictator once said it best, "political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Who is going to have that power? You, as an individual sovereign citizen, or state and federal governments?

This is my absolute favorite but little known video on the topic of guns and politics: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCPoGpPF6c&feature=share&list=UUyUPngKLxiB3xkUfHVDxGeg[/ame]

Top Bottom