What is the best buy you ever made at the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess I should withhold judgement until I get back from Atterbury today, but I'd have to say that the Finn M39 I got yesterday is the best I've gotten to date. :)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I did buy 5 boxes of remington Kleenbore (dogbone) palma 22 long rifle ammo many years ago for 5 dollars. One of the 5 was worth 25 dollars. SO i have found something to buy that was a great deal.

I will admit the wallet lady haas set me up with a few nice gift and a money clip for cheap. She deals ask her. I normally don't stop at the flea market tables. I have one of her wallets in my back pocket now.

Roichlem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Columbus
    Earlier this year I bought an Interarms built Walther PPK for about $300, found out its worth a couple hundred more than that. It's been kept in great condition and shoots well. Earlier today at the 1500 I picked up a Webley mk VI revolver for close to $500. I'm not sure if it was that great of a deal yet but it seemed like a fair deal to me. The bore is in good condition but the cylinder has been cut down for .45 acp or .45 ar. Think i'll look into reloading equipment for .45's next 1500 so I can reduce the powder slightly to match the .455 pressures.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Earlier this year I bought an Interarms built Walther PPK for about $300, found out its worth a couple hundred more than that. It's been kept in great condition and shoots well. Earlier today at the 1500 I picked up a Webley mk VI revolver for close to $500. I'm not sure if it was that great of a deal yet but it seemed like a fair deal to me. The bore is in good condition but the cylinder has been cut down for .45 acp or .45 ar. Think i'll look into reloading equipment for .45's next 1500 so I can reduce the powder slightly to match the .455 pressures.

Coincidentally, I sold a Walther PPK earlier this year for about $300 at the 1500. So, if it was a stainless .32acp, that might have been me you bought it from.

I found out pretty quick that while the dealers list them higher, pretty much no one was willing to pay that much for it. I sold it for exactly what I paid for it a few months earlier (minus the 3 boxes of ammo that came with it, which I shot). The guy I bought it from sold it to me for about $50 less than he paid for it (he needed the money and I wanted to help him out, but I wasn't really interested in owning a .32, which is why I shot it dry and then sold it).

R.G.Gray

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Bought a 10 22 from Midwest today for 190.00, Stopped by Bradis on the way up and the cheapest I saw one was 230.00.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Earlier this year I found Live Mil Surp 50 BMG for $1.00 each. I bought all they had (27) and asked if they had any more. I didn't make it to this show

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ruger SR40c, have been in the market for months. Guys at MidWest had the right price, and seemed to know their stuff.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I was there on sunday..bought an sks for 200....thought it would be fun to have and shoot...we parted ways and i walked about 20 paces down the way and some guy offered me 250...i took the proceeds plus some of mine and bought a beretta cheetah 85...which i have always wanted

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I picked up an MSS sleeping bag for $75, it's brand new and I also got an OD Green Seabag for $5. These sleeping bags brand new still sealed go for over $300 easily. I seen more deals at this 1500 than any of the others, the economy is that bad.. 1500 vendors practically giving things away. It's definitely a buyers market.. everyone loves cash.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I didn't buy anything. I keep looking for the "truckloads of automatic weapons" that the media says you can buy at gunshows. I can never find them.:dunno:

Top Bottom