• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I am looking for a midsized pistol 9mm I really loved the xd the Sr9c felt ok with the grip extensions but I think they are ugly I don't like glocks I want something bitone what's your opinions on the sw9ve and the taurus milleniums I want a quality pistol but also the cheaper the bettet

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The best is a glock 19, but you don't like them.

After that I would probably go with the Glock 26...but you don't like glock...

In all seriousness, the BEST 9mm is dependent on your likes and wants. For me I want uber reliabilty with 99% of the ammo I throw at it. Just so happens my gen3-19 is at 100%.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    The best is a glock 19, but you don't like them.

After that I would probably go with the Glock 26...but you don't like glock...

In all seriousness, the BEST 9mm is dependent on your like
    s and wants. For me I want uber reliabilty with 99% of the ammo I throw at it. Just so happens my gen3-19 is at 100%.

I know everyone says they are very reliable I just think they are ugly and a guy at work eat sleeps and breathes glock and its burnt me out on them but I always see a ton of them for sale all the time

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I know everyone says they are very reliable I just think they are ugly and a guy at work eat sleeps and breathes glock and its burnt me out on them but I always see a ton of them for sale all the time
    I guess you should ask yourself if you want something that works, or something that's perdy and you like to show off ;)

I'm not a glock fanboy at all, I'm actually a 1911 fanboy. I just carry the crap out of my g19. More rounds, better dependability.

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    The BEST 9mm is totally subjective. Go hold and dry fire a bunch of them in your price range and pick the one that feels the best to YOU. Personally, I'd start with the CZ.. ;)

Edit: I had a sw40ve and really liked it. It wasn't a show piece, but it was accurate and had a good feel. On the other hand, I had a Taurus and will never buy another, except for a Judge.. Maybe..

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yea Glock 19. Or go with a M&P 9c. I usually hate small handguns due to me liking a full frame (glock 21 NON SF) pistol but I have a glock 19 and LOVE it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    M&P9, or M&P9c.

Why are you more concerned with appearance than function? An "ugly" Glock or M&P beats the hell out of a two-tone piece of junk Millinium that you think is "pretty".

What is your intended purpose for the pistol?

Also, what is your opinion of cheap? All of the quality "affordable" polymers (Glock, XD, M&P) can be had it two-tone varieties for a higher price, but add no real function for that extra cost.

Last edited:

jlf599

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    What a loaded question. :)

I love my Sig SP2022 9mm and carry it often. I recently acquired a Beretta 92FS and given how I've done with it at the range, I think it may become one of my favorite carry weapons.

But everyone's hand size and their likes differ.

Sratch16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    NE Indiana
    There are plenty of excellent 9mm's available today. Glock, S&W, Ruger, Sig, H&K, CZ, etc... The list goes on and on.

In mid-size? I've got a bit of a crush on a CZ P-07 Duty. Mainly because I like 1911's and it feels very similar to one.

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Star Firestar is a really good handgun, very underrated, if you are willing to get away from the sea of Glocks, XDs, etc. Star also made a 9mm 1911 look-a-like. Smith & Wesson makes, actually made, a line of 9mms, starting with the Model 39, I believe, that was good. From personal experience, the 39-2 is an actual accurate 9mm handgun but it is not very durable. A better bet would be to check out something like a Model 5906, it does have a double stack mag if you need more than 8 rounds, and unlike the 39-2, it has a steel frame. IMHO the 59 is a little heavy but it is a solid choice.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Any of the larger manufactures:
    CZ, XD, Glock (yeah I know you dont like them but they are a proven weapon), Sig, FHN, Ruger, S&W.

What you need to do is start narrowing it down, then try to get to a range like Indy Trading Post that has lots of guns to rent so you can try them for yourself.

The best gun for self defense is the one you can shoot the best.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I am leaning heavily towards the xd I loved the way it felt in my hands the good thing I suppose is that the ones I like the xds Sr9s m&ps are normally around the same price point my thing is I don't have money to go spend a hundred bucks on ammo and renting guns but it seems like they get traded around quite a bit so I could always do that if I don't like it but I don't shoot but maybe a couple times a year maybe I didn't know with the milleniums and stuff I've seen pics but never seen one in person so Idk how they would feel seems like everyone loves or hates them back and forth

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I am leaning heavily towards the xd I loved the way it felt in my hands the good thing I suppose is that the ones I like the xds Sr9s m&ps are normally around the same price point my thing is I don't have money to go spend a hundred bucks on ammo and renting guns but it seems like they get traded around quite a bit so I could always do that if I don't like it but I don't shoot but maybe a couple times a year maybe I didn't know with the milleniums and stuff I've seen pics but never seen one in person so Idk how they would feel seems like everyone loves or hates them back and forth

I have no idea where you are located but I for one am willing to let you shoot any guns I have that you are interested in as long as you can pay for time (I believe its still $8 for 30 min) at ITP and bring your own ammo. If interested contact me via PM.

Top Bottom