• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To the "general" argument, I guess I don't have much more to add than what I wrote up above. Other than to question how rank makes McChrystal's opinion any more valuable than people who likely have many more hours behind "military assault rifles and their civilian derivatives". As I said before, his "my general is better than yours" argument is silly.

Here's a few observations though. My thoughts in green.

Bobby Oehlschlager Larry, your erudite opining is really cute. Feckless, but cute.
    Enjoy your merit badge. You earned it!

This really drippy elitism and is not an argument. It's just a deflection.

Larry Dittoe Oooh. Big word. Just learn it today?

Just an observation from experience. Responding to smarm doesn't help. Let him be the smarmy douchebag he is. After awhile it may become obvious to him that he's the only douchebag in the conversation, and he may then turn the conversation more respectful. I've had that happen with smarmy progressives on huffpo. Of course, if you enjoy insulting him, well...

Bobby Oehlschlager Helping you to learn new words.
    Have a shoot 'em up day!

See? It only fuels more smarmy douchebaggery.
    None of that is actually an argument. It's fair to point that out.

For example:

Bobby Oehlschlager Aw, shucks, Larry. I guess the truth sucks a bit much for you today.
    Sorry.
    Truth isn't personal, it just is....See More

This isn't a rebuttal. It's just ridicule. That's not an argument. [/QUOTE]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One of my uncles posted something pro gun, and someone responded about Obama being a friend of gun owners.
    And, doesn't my uncle believe in responsible universal background checks, and banning assault weapons.

I replied that the President didn't do anything because he couldnt. President is not a king.
    Then posted some facts about "assault weapons".
    Mentioned how useless background checks

The pro Obama person then said that my discussion scared her, and she would post there no more.

A person to afraid to see an opposing view.
    Sigh.

At least that other idiot I argued with would argue.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, and now Bobby O says he is a "responsible" gun owner. But not paranoid, so he doesn't need an AR.

So, he's a Fudd.
    Though I haven't commented on that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, and now Bobby O says he is a "responsible" gun owner. But not paranoid, so he doesn't need an AR.

So, he's a Fudd.

HEY! Every gun owner who dosent own an ar is not a Fudd. I just like Battle Rifles much better. But I am concidering buying one just for solidarity. Only I'm afraid it will cost way too much right now.

You have to bive "0" (zero) one thing. He is the "Greatest Gun Salesman" EVER!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So, he's a Fudd.
    <gasp/> OMG! He owns a ... killing machine? It would be interesting to know what variety of killing machine he owns and who he plans on killing next.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Larry, you are going to give yourself a stroke arguing with idiots on Facebook

wrong-internet.png

HEY! Every gun owner who dosent own an ar is not a Fudd. I just like Battle Rifles much better. But I am concidering buying one just for solidarity. Only I'm afraid it will cost way too much right now.

Not having an AR doesn't make him a Fudd.
    Arguing that his guns are okay and protected, but no one needs an AR, that makes him a Fudd.

<gasp/> OMG! He owns a ... killing machine? It would be interesting to know what variety of killing machine he owns and who he plans on killing next.

I feel like pointing out the wrongness of only supporting guns he approves of, but I'm tired of that argument.
    I don't think I have seen him come up with one point against ARs that doesn't consists of "you don't need it".
    I actually think I could argue his side better than he can.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Actually now is the time to buy, the market is flooded and prices are as low as I've seen. If you just want the solidarity you could buy a lower blem from PSA. If you watch you can usually pick one up for about fitty bucks. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually now is the time to buy, the market is flooded and prices are as low as I've seen. If you just want the solidarity you could buy a lower blem from PSA. If you watch you can usually pick one up for about fitty bucks. ;)

P-Mags still in good stock/reasonable price? I've been meaning to pick up a few more and now it seems I probably should get around to it before they get jacked back up to $60/per.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    They ask for the shooters to bring a teachable attitude. If I were still involved in the program, I would not want the author on my line. I would be concerned that his devotion to hysteria would cause him to be a danger to himself and others. Obviously he is a liar and an attention seeker. I have no reason to believe that someone getting shot at a 'seed would not further his agendas.

I was an active Appleseed Shoot Boss before being kicked out and I can say that I would allow this person on the line because I have had this person on the line. This is an attention seeking child prone to hysterics. I had a dad bring this character to an event in Bedford. Towards the middle of the second day I removed him from the line quietly. In this case, the solution is to place a volunteer on the child at all times, even when behind the equipment line or at the target line because they are determined to be noticed and will do anything to be noticed. If this particular journalist were to appear on my line I have the proper solution. His name is Jeffey Williams. He is over 6 feet and was/is a member of the United States Marine Corps. He has a highly strung personality with no patience for sissies. He also has a lazy eye that makes him look absolutely f***ing crazy when he gets wound up. I think its a match made in youtube heaven.

Top Bottom