• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well some claim that their folding knives are almost as strong as a fixed blade.

Cold Steel say that about their Pocket Bushman folder:
    "While it's physically impossible for any folding knife to ever match the strength and rigidity of a fixed blade, we believe our Pocket Bushman, with its new patent pending lock, is close to hitting the mark."

"The only way the Ram Safe™ lock can be overcome is if the blade breaks or if the pivot pin is sheared off. Two situations that are highly improbable."

:dunno:

For me it means it can take almost anything just like a fixed blade.

Ok and the key word being ALMOST.:):

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i had the RAO folder and it was a freaking beast. way more than i could have needed. very cool stuff though. just didn't do it for me. you can find them much cheaper than msrp if you look around on the forums and even egay

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I have an Emerson Commander that I have used and severely abused 4-5 days a week for over 3 years and it has held up very well. My only beef is that it doesn't hold a sharp edge very well. I have to sharpen it weekly. I am not a pro on sharpening so maybe that's part of the issue, but regardless. I had took a piece out of the tip using it as a multi tool and sent it back to Emerson. They were all too happy to fix, polish, sharpen and replace the locking mechanism before sending her home to me .

Top Bottom