• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I have used THESE Surefire plugs for years now, same pair, and have liked them more than most. They block out stuff that hurts your ears but allow you to hear other stuff too. As jeremy stated it is possible to sleep with them in and otherwise forget you have them in your ears. As far as plugs go, there isn't much better that I have found.

I have also used the Peltor COMTAC for 6 ~ 8 months in the 'ghan with success. It does what is advertised, blocks out stuff that will harm your ears but allow you to hear regular conversation/talk on the radio and more. They are somewhat uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time and pricey. I will probably pick up a set for personal use one of these days when I get some extra scratch.

pjt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Pass this on to your YOUNG shooting friends

Good info here- but please, go out of your way to teach young shooteers about hearing protection. Wish someone had told me 40 years ago...

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    For plugs, I use the Surefire's like a lot of people do. As for over the ear muffs, I still like my Peltor Liberator II over the III's. The amplifying device recently crapped out but they still work perfectly for muffling noise.

hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My wife and I both have these, they are inexpensive and work quite well for us, indoors or out.
    Neiko 53865a Pro-Quality Muff Style Electronic Ear Protector

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I used my Army issued ones with a cheap set of Wal-mart muff style over that, but I can't find my Army ones any longer.

Those Howard Leight ones look pretty neat, and with the ability to plug in an MP3 player they'd be sweet for weed eating, too.

Top Bottom