• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Took oldest daughter (30yrs.) to gun show today, she bought her first pistol. Taurus PT-22. Fits her hand to learn control and basics. She will buy a larger pistol when she gets the basics down. I bought her some ammo and cleaning supplies and showed her how to load, unload, clean and store her weapon. She is stoked!!!!!!! Can's wait for summer to take her out. Youngest just texted, now she wants one just like it to learn on... She is 24yrs, already has her Lifetime permit, oldest still waiting on her permit. If this isn't good prepping, don't know what is....

Great job!! Congratulations. :rockwoot:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Picked up a couple more pistol mags and Streamlight TLR1-s for a deal.
    Bought more medical supplies and nitrile gloves for the house.
    Bagged up another 10 pounds of beans.
    Bagged up about 300 tea bags.

Working with some friends of mine to get plans and training together.

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    Scouted my bugout location.
    Building on location could house 20+ out of the weather.
    Fresh water close.
    Lots of game.
    Miles from paved road.
    PM me if you want on the list.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can you share it, CM?

We are counter sinking holes at equal distance around the edge of the 3/4 in. plywood we are cutting to size. The trim is hand made Oak around the windows so we do not want to mess it up. The holes will be spaced so with a pilot hole and the proper length screw it will secure the wood to the studs around the window frame. We feel this will be the strongest way to secure them and make it just that much harder to get inside. Not bullet proof but not easy either. Plus it will cancel any light in the house from being seen outside....Gray

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I get the same way. Stick with the plan and you will make it there. Just think how much farther along you are than most.
    Oh, I know what you mean. I'm much further along, but it's thinking about all the other small things you take for granted now. Need new socks? Go to the store and get them. Need to wash your clothes? Buy laundry detergent and throw them in the washing machine. Need another blanket? Go to the store and get one. Shirts, pants, soap, plates, cookware, toilet paper, etc. Sewing supplies to fix the clothes you can't replace. And then you have the need for shoes and boots. The list of stuff you will want/need, but may not be able to procure easily is never ending.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, I know what you mean. I'm much further along, but it's thinking about all the other small things you take for granted now. Need new socks? Go to the store and get them. Need to wash your clothes? Buy laundry detergent and throw them in the washing machine. Need another blanket? Go to the store and get one. Shirts, pants, soap, plates, cookware, toilet paper, etc. Sewing supplies to fix the clothes you can't replace. And then you have the need for shoes and boots. The list of stuff you will want/need, but may not be able to procure easily is never ending.

We struggle with this as well. Wife handles the food and such and i do the rest. Now with the twins (grand daughters) we have to spread or budget in this direction. The parents do prep but they are a bit overwhelmed right now. The young ones are why we prep in the first place. The thought of keeping them fed and clothed is over whelming.
    I can make do. So can the wife.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm trying to think of how I'm going to break the news to friends and family that they're not welcome at my house post shtf if they don't start taking it serious now. I've got a lot of fair weather prepper wannbe's who think that when things get nasty that they're just going to be coming over over to my place and it's be a majical safe haven. It's something I've had to think about for a long time now.

I'm still trying to build up a team and I think a few of my neighbors are going to be the best candidates. One's definately a prepper country boy with gear, food and chickens. Another is a former medic who's not a prepper at all, but has a great skill set.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm trying to think of how I'm going to break the news to friends and family that they're not welcome at my house post shtf if they don't start taking it serious now. I've got a lot of fair weather prepper wannbe's who think that when things get nasty that they're just going to be coming over over to my place and it's be a majical safe haven. It's something I've had to think about for a long time now.

I'm still trying to build up a team and I think a few of my neighbors are going to be the best candidates. One's definately a prepper country boy with gear, food and chickens. Another is a former medic who's not a prepper at all, but has a great skill set.

None of my family knows. If they did find out and decided they were going to invade my AO. I'd be sure to inform them that humans make the best fertilizer for tomatoes. I really like tomatoes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom