churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Congrates on the new job.

Just returned from the garden store. Tomato cages, peat moss, ground cover etc. Now I have to beat the rain and get the peat tilled in for the potatoes.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Chickens are fully moved into the new coop. 35 chickens = about 28 eggs a day.
    Garden raised beds are built, planted, filled and covered. 15x 4x8 raised beds, germination rate has been VERY promising.
    48 brambles have been planted along the back fenceline. Rasberries, Blackberries, Boysenberries, and Gooseberries.
    8 native Plum trees planted.
    6 Blueberry bushes as an experiment. Planted in 100% peat.
    4 cherry trees
    12 bush pie cherrys
    250 strawberry plants
    500 gallon rain catch system is installed and working
    8 month food supply has been moved into its new permanent offsite location.
    Compost bin constructed.

And no, I did all these things in the last 2 months, but I dont hit this thread very often :)

Just built the rabbit hutch last night. Meat Rabbits are on order.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Garden raised beds are built, planted, filled and covered. 15x 4x8 raised beds, germination rate has been VERY promising.
    48 brambles have been planted along the back fenceline. Rasberries, Blackberries, Boysenberries, and Gooseberries.
    4 cherry trees
    12 bush pie cherrys
    250 strawberry plants
    Compost bin constructed.

And no, I did all these things in the last 2 months, but I dont hit this thread very often :)

You are my new hero.....No mention of pigs....Bacon
    I just beat the rain getting the peat moss tilled into the garden. Put down the ground cover and came up short. So much for the label. This patch is 16X24 ft. and according to my public school math I should have had enough. I think that is why phones have calculators.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Me too, and I will have one heck of bunker full of preps if I win, if not I will have to rejoin normal life! Oh darn!
    You'll know if I win, no one will ever see or hear from me again!
    4 cherry trees
    12 bush pie cherrys
    250 strawberry plants
    Compost bin constructed.

I think blueberries like sandy/rocky soil and full sun. Up in northern MN/Canaduh we would pick in late July, early August on islands that had recently burned. We could fill several 5gal buckets in short order then back to fishing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After reading in the Tarp vs. Tent thread I am once again re-doing the BOB and including some (a stupid big piece of) heavy poly sheet.
    More fuel. Working on the garden. More ammo to replace what we spent at the Vigo Co. Meet and shoot stuff up. More food.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I went camping over the weekend with nothing but my BOB. It worked well, but I obviously found some things that need to be addressed and worked on.

Planning on ordering some mylar bags in the next couple days to get started on some new food stores.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Installed a long range IR flood lamp after testing it in multiple locations on my property. IR flood lamps are notoriously over-rated for effective distance so I wanted to run some tests to prove this one was both rugged enough and had enough effective distance to illuminate what I needed to 'see' with my IR sensitive cameras. I ordered 3 more of these (2 more identical to the one I just installed, and 1 that is rated at even longer range).

If you have an IR camera system and want to make it more useful, adding IR illuminators/floods is the best way to do that, but NEVER believe the claimed distances of the manufacturer . . . the effective range is typically only about 50% of the claimed distances.

My guess is that when I'm done my property will "glow" with any IR sensitive viewer, but most importantly I'll be able to "see" out to the tree lines, fence lines, etc. in total darkness.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Installed a long range IR flood lamp after testing it in multiple locations on my property. IR flood lamps are notoriously over-rated for effective distance so I wanted to run some tests to prove this one was both rugged enough and had enough effective distance to illuminate what I needed to 'see' with my IR sensitive cameras. I ordered 3 more of these (2 more identical to the one I just installed, and 1 that is rated at even longer range).

If you have an IR camera system and want to make it more useful, adding IR illuminators/floods is the best way to do that, but NEVER believe the claimed distances of the manufacturer . . . the effective range is typically only about 50% of the claimed distances.

My guess is that when I'm done my property will "glow" with any IR sensitive viewer, but most importantly I'll be able to "see" out to the tree lines, fence lines, etc. in total darkness.

Question....will the aliens see this from orbit and can Zombies move through IR.........:dunno:

LMAO........Good job.

Do you have IR optics as in scope or night vision to go with the cameras if you have to go outside???

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm resurecting this thread from the past, asking, what you have done to prep this week?

I have found myself not preping as much the past few weeks, so I'm restarting this thread to get people talking again.

As fall turns to winter I find myself thinking about snowstorms and being stranded for days, no electricity, heat, cable :xmad: , lets chime in about what you do this week to prepare for an event.

Ate only clear liquids for the last 2 days. Drank 1 gallon of an awful tasting detergent, followed by a self-inflicted enema. My colon is so clean you could eat off of it. Huh? Oh, what? er, nevermind.......:wrongdoor:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I picked up another bucket from the bakery at the local grocer.
    I had 4 keys made for my truck bed tool box. I bought it used and the former owner couldn't find the keys.

My son took my truck to get the (something) arms fixed on the front wheels. It drives SO much better now! :yesway:

Still studying for my Tech (Ham).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom