What gun have you always always wished someone would make?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I wish colt would re-introduce the detective special in .357. I'm full aware that it'd lose a lot of power out of such a short barrel, but it'd still handle .38+p and .357. When I say this, I mean actually be able to handle it such as how the lcr in .357 can handle it. That'd be my carry piece for sure.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Would like to see someone, such as the Ruger Mark series, put out a reliable autoloader in .22 mag...

Gave the AMT Automag II a chance, but just wasn't reliable with the rimfire... Actually owned two of them and both would choke often...

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Smith and Wesson K frames, esp the 19 and 66, 3 inch barrels. I think those are the most perfect revolvers. A .380 single stack glock ( for the wife as she is recoil sensitive) A 9mm or 40 single stack glock. A good American made, mag fed shotgun with pistol grip, collapsing stock, rails for accessories.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    An affordable carbine in 7.62x25. Cheap(ish) surplus ammo and the higher velociity from a 16 inch barrel would make a fun little plinker.

A conversion to the Hi-Point 995 carbine to take Glock or other double stack magazines (that is the best shooing little $100 gun I ever came across).

I will second the request for a 10mm standard looking carbine.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Would like to see someone, such as the Ruger Mark series, put out a reliable autoloader in .22 mag...

Gave the AMT Automag II a chance, but just wasn't reliable with the rimfire... Actually owned two of them and both would choke often...

Ever try the PMR-30?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Has anyone ever seen the counterpart to the AR-7 survival rifle? It was called the Explorer, I think. Same .22 action with a pistol grip and a 7" barrel, IIRC. I'd like to see Ruger do that as a companion to their 10/22 Takedown. It might make a fun SBR.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I know about Bruce's conversions and have drooled over doing it for a few years now, but haven't been able to "pull the trigger" as well as the fact I don't have a 220ST. I thought we were talking about factory made firearms

That was the point of my response...please look at the whole thread and you'll see that I posted that I wanted a P Series SIG in 10mm...someone then added that they do make one...I was very aware of Bruce Gray's creation and even cited a very long thread on SIGforum...all I wanted (and figured that we were all talking about factory made guns!!!) and clearly stated that I wanted a $1200 msrp 10mm SIG...for Chrissakes!!!

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    At one time, Marlin, even Ruger, made pistol caliber carbines. Maybe a Glock brand pistol caliber carbine that uses the pistol magazines.
    Ruger Blackhawk Stainless with 45 Colt and 45 ACP cylinders.
    The return of Dan Wesson revolvers, this time with excellent quality control.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    There was talk of keltec coming out with a .45 acp sub 2000. Until then you still have the 9mm and .40 versions.

Years ago I bought one of the Marlin Camp rifles in .45 acp. Wasn't a folding stock but was a compact size, had a nice punch out of the 16 1/4" barrel and took 1911 magazines. Downside was it only took single stack 1911 mags.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Heck, if we are dreaming, might as well dream big. When I was in the Army, the M60 LMG was my baby and I have always had a fascination with miniature guns. How about a 1/4 scale, .22 caliber, M60? You would never wipe that silly grin off my face. LOL

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    That was the point of my response...please look at the whole thread and you'll see that I posted that I wanted a P Series SIG in 10mm...someone then added that they do make one...I was very aware of Bruce Gray's creation and even cited a very long thread on SIGforum...all I wanted (and figured that we were all talking about factory made guns!!!) and clearly stated that I wanted a $1200 msrp 10mm SIG...for Chrissakes!!!

Easy:): I am emailing Sig immediately to get them to make a 10mm P221(that is what they should call it!!!).:welcome:

Top Bottom