• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I use crank LED lights and the kenetic ones that you can shake. They work really good and never require batteries. just a couple of shakes or a little cranking and your set. If your going to prepare, prepare for the long haul.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Headlamps are worth their weight in gold when you need your hands, that being said I have 2 of these. Amazon.com: Petzl E89 PD Tactikka XP Headlamp, Desert: Home Improvement 1 in my assualt pack and another in my pocket at all times. In the states, one in my car, the other in my BOB. This is also a good model for not drawing attention to yourself using red light, plus it preserves night vision. I also have a surefire G2 and a maglite 4D back at home.

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    whats with the flashlights? Must be my Riddick eyes that let me see in the dark :D

Colorblind? As I understand it, colorblind people see better in the dark because while you lose the color, it's supposed to enhance contrast. This has actually been used in recon/intelligence stuff since WW2 - they'd recruit colorblind people to study aerial photos, because they could often see through attempts to camouflage buildings and vehicles.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Got tons of flashlights, Got 3 UTG 150 lum, 3-3 cell led Mag-lights, a 18v Rigid and 12 DeWalt rechargeable tool lights, 3 Coast Tactical Focus beam led's and 6 of the cheap 31 led Gordon flashlights from Harbor Freight. Plus a Coleman Fuel Lantern, and a small propane that has little mini cartridges for it like a 8 oz coke can.

The Coast and Gordon operate off of AAA's and those cheapo Gordon's will run for 6 hours straight and light up a entire room real good. Of course I got rechargeable batteries and a generator also for backup.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Headlamps are worth their weight in gold when you need your hands, that being said I have 2 of these. Amazon.com: Petzl E89 PD Tactikka XP Headlamp, Desert: Home Improvement 1 in my assualt pack and another in my pocket at all times. In the states, one in my car, the other in my BOB. This is also a good model for not drawing attention to yourself using red light, plus it preserves night vision. I also have a surefire G2 and a maglite 4D back at home.

Ah, I was looking for it, didn't see it, didn't see it, got all excited that I was going to post the VERY important tip, then you disappointed me. :)

+100 trillion to what he said about headlamps.

:soapbox:
    You wouldn't go to work with one hand tied behind your back, you wouldn't drive your car with one hand tied behind your back, you wouldn't do most everyday activities with one hand tied behind your back, so why limit yourself to a hand-held flashlight that continuously occupies 1 of your hands? I understand that headlamps have their place and time, but you certainly don't want to be without one when the SHTF. I have several small, cheap LED lamps I got from big lots. They aren't the greatest, but I think they only cost me $4 each (bought 3 or 4 of them). So you have absolutely NO EXCUSE not to have a headlamp.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have headlamps for hunting and love them. They do have their place and time. Not so sure if SHTF that I want a light on my head.

Top Bottom