What firearm is everyone carrying in an IWB holster or similar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Im4NDU

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I carry a Glock 27 with a plus2 on the magazine in a Galco IWB holster that allows me to tuck my shirt into my pants. The only thing visible is the bottom portion of the belt clip but if you're not looking for it it goes undetected.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Wish who would make them?
    I currently carry Kimber's CDP Compact.
    That's the four inch ("Commander") barrel on the compact ("Officer's") frame...

Well that is service ;-). Will have to take look and see how it hard it is to charge the slide (had to get ride of my Kimber Officer's model as too hard to charge the slide with my left hand due to too much bone on bone contact now days). Thanks!

Compact_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Kahr T9 for warmer weather. Springfield 1911 w/rail or Glock 22 during cooler part of the year.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Well, the OP might get at some kind of answer by looking at some previous INGO polls.

Most people on INGO (the largest group) seem to carry IWB on the strong side [1].

Also, most people on INGO seem to carry a semi-auto rather than a revolver. I'll say at least 75%ish. (I won't bother to cite the polls on this.)

Furthermore, the largest group of people also report carrying an auto of at least medium (to full) size with a 4" barrel. [2]

Put that all together and I think you'll find that carrying at least a medium-size semiauto (ex. Glock 19 or similar) in an IWB holster is a very popular option.

Eyeballing the responses to this thread so far seems to confirm this once again.

[1] - https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fense/238328-concealed_carry_method_poll.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_type_of_holster_do_you_use_to_carry.html

[2] - https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/153070-favorite_frame_size_to_carry.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e/64019-advantages_to_carrying_full_size.html

Strakele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Glock 19 in a Galco KingTuk IWB strong side at 3:30-4. Quite comfortable and concealable in most situations. I'd really like to try a S&W Shield during the summer though, but last time I checked they were still super hard to find for a reasonable price.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact, iwb 4 o'clock with a N82 Original Tuckable holster. I am in the market for something else when I don't have to tuck in the shirt.

I also sometimes carry a .38 Colt snubbie crossdraw iwb when I'm running around town, getting in and out of the car a lot.

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    I carry a Sig P220 Carry Elite Stainless IWB with no problems and little printing. My holster is a cheap Crossbreed type I got at the gun show, but it works great. I plan on upgrading to a Concealment Solutions holster soon.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Smith m&p shield on the strong side at 4:00 in a white hat max tuck (I'd VERY highly recommend this holster. IMHO, it's THE best iwb holster out there right now).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom