• ...and so much more!
  • manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Outstanding article!

Thanks for posting it.

About the only point it does not make is something else that many seem to forget.... the reason for the Second Amendment.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Ehh, I dunno. I agree with the article but it isn't a persuasive one for someone who doesn't already buy into the Pro 2A mentality. It is a lot like theists and apologetics. You only think they are convincing because it backs up what you already believe.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Ehh, I dunno. I agree with the article but it isn't a persuasive one for someone who doesn't already buy into the Pro 2A mentality. It is a lot like theists and apologetics. You only think they are convincing because it backs up what you already believe.

No argument with that logic, however, when was the last time you talked to an anti-gunner where ANYTHING that could be said would cause them to rethink their anti-2A dogma? I have yet to have a conversation like that.

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Good read.

Can't argue with this logic...

"Even more significantly, as Prohibition, prostitution, and drugs have proven, illegal isn't synonymous with unavailable."

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    No argument with that logic, however, when was the last time you talked to an anti-gunner where ANYTHING that could be said would cause them to rethink their anti-2A dogma? I have yet to have a conversation like that.

It worked for me. I am an adult-convert to firearms. I didn't get into them until I was 22 and in college. My buddy Daniel and his dad kept challenging my ideologies and watching Bowling for Columbine pushed me over the edge and help me see the error of my ways. I am not joking.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Fries and Krispy Creme kill more people a year than guns. High capacity fry magazines are not outlawed. High capacity donut boxes are not taxed or banned!

High capacity beer cans, kegs etc. are not banned.
    High capacity (and occupancy) vehicles are not banned.
    High capacity cigarette cartons are not banned (well not completely).
    High capacity candy bags are not banned.
    High capacity lawn mowers are not banned.

All of these are dangerous, when not used properly! Our founding fathers did not dream (well at least they did not exist in this form) of these being as dangerous as they are now, so that does not negate the fact that the second ammendment is still there and still valid!

Top Bottom