What dumb stuff did YOU hear at the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    A few 1500s ago I was browsing an ammo dealer's table when an employee came up and asked what I was looking for. I told him I was looking for SD 9mm rounds. He came over with a tiny 25 year old box of Black Talons priced at something retarded like $75 and told me I wanted them because they are the "original cop killer". I gave him a dirty look and walked away.

I currently use Winchester Ranger Ts... the last thing we need are 'tards walking around repeating the anti-gun rhetoric as if it were cool.

I sold a pack two shows ago for 70. He just trying to get the extra five for it.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Didn't really hear anything too much out of the way, but did see something that struck me funny. Has the Nazi guy always been there and I didn't notice? Not talking about some stands that had some collectible genuine era pieces, but the guy who had EVERYTHING Nazi, bumper stickers, key rings, flags, including shirts printed up (in German so I had no ideal what they said) to sell. Is this a pro-Nazi thing, and if it was, do you think it's appropriate at the 1500, or is it marketed toward those with an interest in WWII things? I know what I think, but wanted to pick the brains of the masses a little.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Wow @ some of these storys. I dont have any personally, but I do hate how everyone looks at me and my buddy like we're some unknowlegeble thugs looking for "clips" and usually shop at dons guns...(simply cause we're black)

That's a mighty big assumption. I'm here to tell you, it was your Godawful cologne that was getting you "the look".

:):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i dont kow about the nazi stuff guy, but if you ever wanna ear full of racist propoganda, go talk to old Mr. scherer (yes the guy who makes the glock mags) hes a trip out of a KKK movie. man that guy use to hand out white power literature and crap. he use to always be drunk too. i just always walk by him and say high mr. scherer, now. i dont stop in for propoganda hour, at least not since i was tricked into the first one, lol. hes a wakko

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    There was definitely some junk there.....I was hoping they might have a screw I needed for my kershaw, but no such luck.....

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    There was definitely some junk there.....I was hoping they might have a screw I needed for my kershaw, but no such luck.....

Kershaw usually won't sell spare parts to dealers...so finding a screw for your knife would be next to impossible unless a dealer had a few junk knives laying around for parts which is unlikely.

Kershaw knives have a life time warranty...so my advice would be go to there website ...they have a toll free number...call them and tell them your problem. You will only be out a few bucks for shipping. Their turn around time is reasonable... usually less than 2 weeks. If you need any help feel free in contacting me through private message.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Kershaw usually won't sell spare parts to dealers...so finding a screw for your knife would be next to impossible unless a dealer had a few junk knives laying around for parts which is unlikely.

Kershaw knives have a life time warranty...so my advice would be go to there website ...they have a toll free number...call them and tell them your problem. You will only be out a few bucks for shipping. Their turn around time is reasonable... usually less than 2 weeks. If you need any help feel free in contacting me through private message.

I already have one coming, just figured a dealer would have some parts at the show, but they aren't concerned about fixing anything just selling the knifes they have. Appreciate the help though.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I heard one vendor that was showing a pistol with an accessory rail to someone that the rail was for grenade launcher or light attachment. He said most people use a light, but it was designed for a grenade launcher.

I didn't get a look at what the pistol was, just chuckled to my self and kept walking.

I am sure that he kept saying that to many people... but that guy said the same lame crap to me. I didn't even offer him a grin. It was an M&P 40c if I remember correctly...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    M+P 40 with a grenade launcher you say? Hmmmm

I like his imagination, but I have to think these guys that say the outlandish stuff just have a lame and twisted humorous.

It's not really a selling point.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I already have one coming, just figured a dealer would have some parts at the show, but they aren't concerned about fixing anything just selling the knifes they have. Appreciate the help though.

The main problem is most knife companies perform ALL repair work themselves for warranty/liability reasons. This is why they very seldom offer parts to dealers for repair work. Also, as a vendor you can either set up to sell or fix/customize things....but not both. The shows are just too busy to be able to sell, keep an eye on your product and have the normal conversations with possible customers to repair things. As you know the Indy 1500 is especially crowded....I rarely have time to sit down for 3 days let alone eat and go to the bathroom....Knife repairs can be time consuming taking away from your main focus of selling. Bottom line is you can't spread yourself out too thin as a vendor.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Originally Posted by Turn Key
    I take it the creep in the ''Purple Mini-Skirt'' did not make a reappearance?
    dunno.gif

TK
    biggrin.gif

I did see a uni-gender individual in a zebra striped skirt and black tights...I averted my eyes to avoid permanent retinal damage before I could take in the rest.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ignorant LEO at the weapon check-in table stated they should charge for checking in the weapons.:n00b:

lol, they do.... them boys dont volunteer. whos he trying to fool makin at least $25 an hour on the side to be there.

why do you think the admission has went up to $10 ??? rediculously overpriced. even if you use their stupid $1 off coupon, its rediculous. plus its not just the consumers. the table fees have went up too!!! a table at the 1500 cost just as much as a table at national gun day, and the 1500 isnt even half the size show national gun day is.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I saw a gentleman ask for directions back to the interstate. I saw "Officer Friendly" roll his eyes, tell him that 38th West only goes one way and try to tell another office that the guy was an idiot. The 2nd officer, to his credit, was obviously irritated by "Officer Friendly."

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    The main problem is most knife companies perform ALL repair work themselves for warranty/liability reasons. This is why they very seldom offer parts to dealers for repair work. Also, as a vendor you can either set up to sell or fix/customize things....but not both. The shows are just too busy to be able to sell, keep an eye on your product and have the normal conversations with possible customers to repair things. As you know the Indy 1500 is especially crowded....I rarely have time to sit down for 3 days let alone eat and go to the bathroom....Knife repairs can be time consuming taking away from your main focus of selling. Bottom line is you can't spread yourself out too thin as a vendor.

Makes sense, but I really wasn't wanting them to fix it just wanted the specialty screw cause the thread is pretty fine and its a torx so its hard to find. I understand your point completely though. i want to put a dab of blue locktite on them anyway so they dont fall out again.....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I didn't hear anything too stupid, but I saw a Vendor selling a USED Bersa 380 DuoTone for $315! Must of been silver plated on the aluminum frame :rolleyes:

Top Bottom