• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Just wondering what everyone feeds their dog. I've got a black lab mix and I feed her Canidae currently. I used to feed her Eagle Pack, but found out its not as good as the others. Thinking about switching to BacktoBasics or Fromm. Both are good from what I hear and might give them a try.

I know some people feed their dog whatever, which is fine, but I have found that feeding dogs good food vs grocery store stuff like gravy train really extends life span and reduces health problem. I have a 40 lb dog that is 16 years old.

So what does INGO feed their dog?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Sams Club Dog Food (whatever that brand is). I got too many people mouths to feed to spend high dollar on dog food - and I don't even feel guilty about it - not one little bit (sorry Buttercup ... just the way it is).

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Eukanuba Large Breed for our lab. She is very fit and athletic. 1 cup in the morning, 1 cup in the evening. She gets a little more if she has been working hard during hunting season.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I just get Purina indoor for the cats and Purina puppy for the sack of hammers. I don't know why I feed her; she keeps eating my headphones, shoes, electrical cords, chairs, boxes, lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats... I used to get fancy catfood when I had a fancy cat, but the ones I have now mostly annoy me, and that Purina's not cheap like it used to be.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Sams Club Dog Food (whatever that brand is). I got too many people mouths to feed to spend high dollar on dog food - and I don't even feel guilty about it - not one little bit (sorry Buttercup ... just the way it is).

This^
    With the caveat that one of our dogs has started to be very picky in what he eats, so he's been getting some IAMS. We also feed table scraps to both of our canines.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    My weim gets science diet, seems to be all his delicate system can tolerate, the yorkies get what they steal from the weims bowl and ol'roy soft food.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Diamond Naturals from TSC. We have an AKC Chocolate Lab who is a member of our family and is treated like it. The cheap brands dried out her coat, gave her the runs, and decreased her energy level. I finally got smart and stopped buying the crap. Her energy, shiny coat and normal bowels returned within a week.
    Buying cheap dog food is the equivalent of feeding your kids doughnuts for every meal.

Last edited:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Diamond Naturals from TSC. We have an AKC Chocolate Lab who is a member of our family and is treated like it. The cheap brands dried out her coat, gave her the runs, and decreased her energy level. I finally got smart and stopped buying the crap. Her energy, shiny coat and normal bowels returned within a week.
    Buying cheap dog food is the equivalent of feeding your kids doughnuts for every meal.

Natural Choice, here Nutro® Natural Choice® Dog Food and Puppy Food : Nutro® Natural Dog Foods : The Nutro Company

I agree with this 100%. My dogs are part of my family and I personally treat them as such with what they eat. Pets are just like us, you are what you eat. My dogs have lost weight gained energy and the food just does not "run" through them. I have 3 and I pay 40-50 for 35ish lbs. which last roughly 2 weeks or so. Hell I spend a lot more money on myself than 45 dollars every few weeks, and that 45 feeds 3 mouths not just one.

Top Bottom