• What does "In Stock" mean to you?

• Total voters

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm just curios fellow INGO members.... If you are shopping online and you come across an item that says "In Stock"

instock.jpg

What does that mean to you. I have been doing business online for about 10 years now and when I see "In Stock" to me that means the item is in stock and ready to ship?

Am I wrong?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That's the way I look at it.

I'm going thru the same issue right now with LAPoliceGear.com with some 5.11 pants I ordered.

They were "in-stock", but then the "manufactuer" had a shipping problem and its been 3 weeks and I still don't have my pants. Not a happy camper here.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    In-Stock means.

The product is in-stock with our vendors. We'll order it from them at the exact moment you order it from us.

You will receive the product in a month and four days. Thank you.

;)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    If they say something is "In Stock" I expect it to be in their hands ready to ship 10 minutes after getting my order. I don't care who in the hell ships it, but it needs to be shipped then.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yes I agree with that. And that is my understanding of "In Stock". Bear with me here folks. This is going somewhere and I am very pissed off. :xmad:

If they say something is "In Stock" I expect it to be in their hands ready to ship 10 minutes after getting my order. I don't care who in the hell ships it, but it needs to be shipped then.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    means just what it says, unless its the sort of business that wants back logs of orders to fill.....excuses only work for so long.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Worse I think.

OK, I'll bite, who was it? I'm currently not happy with OMB Express (or Glock). Waiting for back ordered Glock mags to be shipped but charged me in advance for shipping charges for the total order not the partial order that I received and at the same time was offering Fee shipping for orders over 150. The nice order person didn't tell me that and now I fear that these magazines may never materialize because of evil high capacity mag speculators or Glock not wanting to ship in lieu of a high capacity ban. Now that is a conspiracy theory for ya ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The only thing worse than Botach is dealextreme.com over in Korea or somewhere. Long story. . .

C'mon Mike, the suspense is killing me!

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    To me, "In Stock" means it's back in the warehouse waiting to be put on the big brown truck. If it's shipping from a Vendor (5.11, Liberty Safes, whoever), it had better say that it is ready to ship from a vendor.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Depends on the company you are dealing with. If I am dealing with a company that I've never dealt with before, I always call to verify if the product is on hand and when it will be going out their door.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    TGSCOM / TopGlock.com is the worst online vendor I have ever dealt with. I was silly not to look for some reviews but they had a product I wanted that said "In Stock" but I didn't realize that meant "in a warehouse somewhere". After I got screwed I researched to find they have an absolutely horrible reputation.

Silly me.

They don't care but they have messed with the wrong man. I'm unemployed and have time to kill. My mission for a while will be to let everyone I know how horrible this company is. I am a member of many gun boards and run this one. I will do my very best to share my experience with people. I'm still in the middle of it with them so I will give a full report soon.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Isn't that the place that sold mags to the VTI guy? I don't wanna be a buzz kill, but I think your complaints about a bad order might just be lost in the noise.

Top Bottom