• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Freedom, standing next to a chain link fence watching people walk on the tarmac up to an airliner, and waving to your dad as you watch him climb the stairs not 100 feet from you. Feeling the prop or jet blast as the plane turns to taxi toward the runway.

Just one of so many we no longer have.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Freedom isn't just a sound guys,it's an experience.

Freedom for me is a backwoods Saturday night:Shooting until the big pinkish-orange sun dips into the dark green tree tops and smelling the burnt powder stinging your nostrils.Firing up tractors and big diesel trucks to pull hay wagons loaded with friends back to a big brush pile.Lighting the pile and feeling the heat as you splash some Jack into your Coke.Standing by the orange-yellow blaze with an arm around the girl that makes your heart skip beats while you shoot the bull with your buddies about all the crazy things you've done,the girls you've had,and the trucks you wished you'd have never wrecked or gotten rid of.It's when your best buddy,who'd take a bullet for you and was there through thick and thin,hands you a beer and you taste the cool bitterness running down your throat.It's that quiet after everyone has gone to sleep and all you hear is the fire crackling,the hoot owls calling,and the coyotes yelling and yipping.It's that relaxing feeling you get when you finally rest your weary head on a haybale next to your girl and look up at every star as if each was placed there for you.Freedom is the thought that you might score tonight,the hope that the beer is ice cold,and the prayer that the cops don't spot your bonfire glow.Truly being free means realizing that even if you're dirt-road and cane-pole poor,nights like these make you the richest guy on the planet.

brg1966

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Muncie
    SWEET! I had a '71 Swinger that did the 1/4 in 9.58 secs. @ 134 MPH, in my younger days. Man I miss that car! I totally appreciate what you have there.:thumbsup:

Thanks man! It's ran a best of 9.60 @ 140. I have slowed it down a bunch now to make it more consistent. I have a 1968 Barracuda too. Haven't had it to the track yet should be a 10.50 or better car. It's a street car.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    In the late 1980s I was going thru Norfolk Naval Air Stations when I came upon something.
    A F-14 Tomcat was literally strapped to the ground, the landing gear were bolted to the ground.
    They had screens across the engines to prevent FOD.
    And the engines were pegged.
    It was.......... awesome.

I think they were finishing up engine checks or breakin for new engines.
    I got to see an F-14 at an airshow when I was a kid, the only one I've ever seen fly, it was awesome!

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Any jet in afterburner...the B1B doing a barely subsonic high-speed pass in burner is probably tops on the list.

I think they are rearranging the area it sits in at the AF Museum in Dayton, but last summer, you would walk right under the B-1B. That plane looks fast sitting still. And to continue the sound of freedom theme...

Either warn others or not, turn this up loud!

[video=youtube_share;JwsplkkIdaU]http://youtu.be/JwsplkkIdaU?t=31s[/video]

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    All my friends laughing and having a great time with the sound of beers being cracked open and cans be tapped together for good memories sake and a little southern rock playing in the background.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I guess I'll add mine to the list. Most of the others have been covered so I'm going to say the radio. I can listen to country, rock, Rush Limbaugh, BHO :puke:, a gospel choir, Art Bell, and about 10, 000 other things if I want to. All without the fear of being beaten down and imprisoned for my belief.

(Most of my examples listed above are NOT what I listen to. It was to make a point. Most of my night driving a truck is spent listening to Radio Classics on XM.)

Top Bottom