• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Personally, it's my only center fire rifle, so it's my main battle rifle for now. Until I can build another AR that is. I like it over the AK cause even with the Tapco stock and mags, I can still use stripper clips making it easier to load than an AK and for some reason, it seems more accurate than an AK. :dunno:

So what do you use yours for? Varmints? Plinking? Zombies? Handouts for whoever in your family or friends?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    i have rid my backyard of a fair share of groundhogs, but mostly its just a fun gun to go to the range with. i don't know why so many people think they aren't accurate, can get 5 inch groups at 100 yards with my BSA red dot mounted in the scout position. The SKS is just such a versitle gun

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Mine has helped to weight down my safe for the last two years. Before that, plinking. (Hey, everyine needs a handoout rifle to give to a friend in case TSHTF, right?)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i have rid my backyard of a fair share of groundhogs, but mostly its just a fun gun to go to the range with. i don't know why so many people think they aren't accurate, can get 5 inch groups at 100 yards with my BSA red dot mounted in the scout position. The SKS is just such a versitle gun

I decided not to waste money on optics for it. I'm just using irons and I can get 5 inch groups with irons. I love my SKS. Reliability of an AK and the accuracy of ALMOST an AR with a much larger round. I love it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a matched pair of light wood Norincos that are in the safe. They are the last SKS I have and I kept them b/c they were so nice. One is a rifle and the other is a paratrooper. Both are perfect, have the spike bayos and nice slings.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Range time and if something ever happens that someone else in my house needs to be armed and shooting besides me my Russian SKS stands ready and capable to fill need.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Cutting saplings down and culling feral watermelons.

You mean like this....? I think we had like 7-8 guys laying into that tree.... :):

INGOSKSShoot029.jpg

INGOSKSShoot030.jpg

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    :hijack:

Sorry for the threadjack. If your Chinese SKS originally comes without a bayonet, does it violate 922 compliance if you equip it with one? I have kept my Chinese bayonet-less for years out of fear of violating some stupid law.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom