What do you use to run your suppressor wet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    What do you recommend for use in running a pistol suppressor wet? Is there a spray that's commercially available that's strictly for this purpose?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I use the Clear Glide wire pulling gel. I dispense it using a 30ml catheter-tip syringe.

DSCN2860.jpg

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I like to use a nasal spray bottle that I emptied and filled with water. Wire pulling gel works well just make sure you don't have clumps hanging from the baffles causing a strike...so shake and tap it well after you apply it.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    How do you apply the wire pulling gel? How do you get it throughout the suppressor and are clumps really a concern?

I don't want to use water because it evaporates quickly and if I want to go for a walk around my property I don't want to worry about the can drying out before I shoot, or drying out quickly as I shoot.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    How do you apply the wire pulling gel? How do you get it throughout the suppressor and are clumps really a concern?

I don't want to use water because it evaporates quickly and if I want to go for a walk around my property I don't want to worry about the can drying out before I shoot, or drying out quickly as I shoot.

[ame="http://youtu.be/7vyUqGpkrxk"]http://youtu.be/7vyUqGpkrxk[/ame]

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I want to use this in a aluminum A7.5 Quicksilver suppressor that's not meant to be taken apart by the user. What's the best method for cleaning after you've used this stuff?

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    THE Hardcore suppressor guys use urine...:cool: At least that's what Al Paulson says...:laugh:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte

The gel to be most effective needs to be applied from the booster/muzzle end. So taking it off the host weapon is ideal. Water would seem to be evaporated by taking a walk but it won't be. Water will stick around in that can for a long time. You can dunk that silencer in a bucket of water or spray a good mist and coat the baffles and have the same effect. More water doesn't always equal better with water in a silencer.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've sprayed various oils into my .22 can with noticeable effect. FIgure the oil will do nothing but good in there. In talking with Brooks from Thompson Machine he says guys get way to technical on this. He says he just has a water bottle with a mouth opening big enough for the can. Lock the slide back, dunk the can, pull it out and give a shake. Repeat as needed. I suppose if you are worried about the water dripping out as you carry a piece of electrical tape over the muzzle of the can could be applied, pulled off before shooting.
    Doug K

Top Bottom