• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've heard of their hit and miss quality, but I've only owned two... and they were both very well made and reliable. My daily carry gun is a Taurus PT1911. It has never missed a beat.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have had several Taurus revolvers and a PT99 and have had zero issues with them. I would buy a Taurus anytime. One of my revolvers is a 66 with a 4" barrel and it is a great gun!!

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    All threads like this should be addressed to owners of said brand. Not, I heard from my cousins, friends, uncles, daughters baby daddy, ect. ect. I have an older Taurus .44 Mag, it's a great handgun.:twocents:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    All threads like this should be addressed to owners of said brand. Not, I heard from my cousins, friends, uncles, daughters baby daddy, ect. ect. I have an older Taurus .44 Mag, it's a great handgun.:twocents:

That's the problem, many a time I have been asked what I carry and when I reply, I get "You own one of them, they're crap".

My first question is "You ever own one or shot one"
    Their usual reply 90 percent of the time is "NO".

Just how in the H E double hockey sticks can you comment on somethings reliability and quality if you never owned, or shot one, it amazes me.

mashtatatoz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Hancock County
    I have a Taurus Judge PD poly. I've had zero issues, but it's only a range toy and I don't use it for Self Defense. It's really fun to shoot and my friends have all enjoyed it as well.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I have a thread in the rifle forum about my new Rossi rifle made by Taurus. The internal parts are very rough, with a ton of tool marks. The internals have surface rust on them and in some areas where I wiped the rust away, there is no blueing on the part. The gun's wood had no protection on it at all, so I put two coats of TruOil on it and now it looks ok. I cleaned all the parts and re-assembled the gun and it looks and functions fine. My point is it is less than great, and had they taken a few more minutes machining and protecting the wood and internals, then I would be more satisfied and more likely to recommend their product. Here's a picture of some of the parts:
    b.jpg

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have a Millennium G2 and it's a great little gun. Only have about 400 rounds through it but it never missfed or jammed on any of the cheap ammo I was throwing at it.
    Fairly accurate as well and with 12 +1 it makes it a great capacity carry gun for it's size.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    In my experience, their wheel guns are GTG, but their semi-autos, not so much.
    I disagree. I have a PT92 and a Millennium G2 and both of them are great semi autos. Never had any FTE or jamms of any sort.
    Fairly accurate and solid. I carry the G2 on a semi daily basis. Very comfortable and fits in a XDS holster very nicely.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I've had two Taurus semi autos...both became paperweights . Customer service was slow for me(early 2000's). Wasn't able to get anyone on the repair end to tell me what was actually wrong with my pt 945(suspected broken firing pin) It worked when I got it back,but.... My pt 145 was an obvious problem as the trigger bar broke(pieces yo). While my luck may not be the best, I was able to break even selling them. Can't bring myself to buy or recommend another.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Over the last 50 years, I have owned at least 10 or 12 Taurus guns, shot them a lot, and only remember having a problem with one of them.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I had a Taurus 85 (mfd '93) and it was a beast.
    I fired well over 200 +P .38sp rounds through it with zero hiccups.
    I only got rid of it because it sat around in the safe for no purpose.
    I also had the PT 740 Slim and I actually did not like it at all.
    functionality was so-so with "only" 2 stovepipes out of 200rds through it,
    but firing it was less than pleasant...
    didn't feel right in my hand and recoil was nearly unbearable.

I had a model 85 around the same time I think. It would KEYHOLE with most factory loads. A buddy of mine checked the cylinder with some calipers and we found it was WAY OVER-BORED. Of course the ONLY FIX for that is a replacement cylinder. And that is covered under warranty. But for me when a gun has a flaw this MONUMENTALLY LARGE in it's manufacture I simply will not trust it again. The trust is pretty damned important in a carry gun.

ru6797

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    I had a Taurus model 85 for 20 years and let it go in a trade, I got a nice gun , but will replace it soon, most revolvers are made or were made on old s&w machines when s&w moved out of there factory, and I know a lot of people have great reviews on them

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I'm about to buy the Taurus 709 slim, as my Glock 19 is too boxy for me to carry on a regular basis, any thoughts on the 709's??? It feels good in the hand and it's insanely small and easy to conceal, what're your guys thoughts?

Top Bottom