What do you think of Crimson Trace from a tactical stand point?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I wasn't talking about the training value, I was talking about the often mentioned false dichotomy of having a laser and being poorly trained vs only using irons and being well trained. Statements like "they are a crutch...your lack of training will show when it fails..." type posts. You can be both well trained and use lasers, or you can be poorly trained and not have lasers.

The below quote is what I'm talking about. Too often people come out with a laser grip on their pistol only to have it slow them down because they have to look OVER the gun to see it.

Lasers don't even matter with proper training. They don't illuminate like a flashlight. They are slower to acquire than a good front sight post. They can fail when you need them.

Good is my vote. I like the deterrent use of the laser, that red/green dot on the body is bad on the psyche. Sighting in the laser is must also.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    A laser is not a replacement for your sights, but they have a valid use in certain situations. They are slower to acquire if your standing upright, but that's not necessarily where a fight will take place. There's a big difference between static shooting, and being attacked. An attack can be messy. You might be shooting surpine or side prone, which are where a laser can really excel.

Top Bottom