• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    There are dirt bags who are not gay ,and dirt bags that are gay. When gays come out of the closet ,and flaunt it in public , or push and use there adopted children to be gay ,or change there sex.

I hate to say it, but those are the outliers that are present in every part of society, gay or not. And more to the point, the gay people that flaunt it in public may not be flaunting it simply because they are gay, but because they have another psychological need for fulfillment that the flaunting satisfies. You could say the same of people that are over the top about OC, gun rights and the rest. They're gun nuts like I am, but they have other psychological needs that the hobby can fulfill by their over-the-topness. Society has folks that lie at every end of the spectrum, but in each case the media only seeks the far ends of the bell curve.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    THIS!!! Hate and discrimination are LEARNED TRAITS...
    Would it be discrimination to say that if you don't agree with the gay lifestyle you are showing hate? I believe I have the right to agree or disagree with what ever lifestyle I choose. I do have issues with people that choose to live that lifestyle. With that being said I have neighbors who are gay, my wife and I have several lesbian friends, a couple of my old high school friends are now openly gay. I do not hate them, they are good people. Does that mean that I should not teach my children about the moral issues I have with their lifestyle? Am I teaching my children hate?
    I teach my children to love and respect others. I teach my children the moral values I live by. This is a big part of what is wrong today. The "if you don't agree with me you are racist, or homophobic, or hateful crowd". So sick of it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thanks guys....

The buddy of mine that was at Disney was pretty blunt to his kids about his views and he proceeded to complain to Disney enough that they gave him a partial refund. I don't blame him....I think he has as much right to the 1st as I do the 2nd.

I have another friend in Michigan who has a son who is gay and HIV positive. My friend and his wife get down on themselves sometimes and act like they wish they had raised him different. I tell him I don't think he can change what happened to his son, society accepted it.

I just wondered what you guys thought. Sorry if some think I may be trying to personally insult anyone...I am actually trying to learn how to not insult others without having to sacrifice what I believe in. My kids are grown but I will soon be a grand daddy; good Lord willing...just looking for insight from open minded people.

Thanks for keeping it civil and not getting me banned, lol.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks guys....

The buddy of mine that was at Disney was pretty blunt to his kids about his views and he proceeded to complain to Disney enough that they gave him a partial refund. I don't blame him....I think he has as much right to the 1st as I do the 2nd.

I have another friend in Michigan who has a son who is gay and HIV positive. My friend and his wife get down on themselves sometimes and act like they wish they had raised him different. I tell him I don't think he can change what happened to his son, society accepted it.

I just wondered what you guys thought. Sorry if some think I may be trying to personally insult anyone...I am actually trying to learn how to not insult others without having to sacrifice what I believe in. My kids are grown but I will soon be a grand daddy; good Lord willing...just looking for insight from open minded people.

I personally believe it's wrong but I don't make a scene of it if I ever see it. In my 37 years, I can't say I've ever seen 2 gay people making out in public. I've seen plenty of heteros doing it, especially younger people. I've been out and about and seen obviously gay couples but I've never seen them act inappropriately in public.

Not sure what Disney has to do with it. To my knowledge, Gay Days is not a sanctioned event by Disney. Groups pick that week and people go.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks guys....

For the record, I did not suggest that YOU were insulting anyone and was only attempting to keep your thread civil, as you stated. I'm not sure how you would be banned, but I guess I get your point.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    We have several female long term friends that are Gay. They are professionals in all levels of the work force. You will never see an open display of affection in public from any of them.

Open display of affection.... maybe a bit comparable to OC.

Ducking for cover...but took some heat of the gay convo LOL

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Just tell him they really care about each other. Although I don't happen to be gay; a great friend of mine kissed me right on the mouth when I found his car keys once. :D Yes, alcohol was involved, but there it is...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    For the record, I did not suggest that YOU were insulting anyone and was only attempting to keep your thread civil, as you stated. I'm not sure how you would be banned, but I guess I get your point.

I do apologize for my misunderstanding. Thanks Que for letting this discussion continue.....I knew I was treading on thin ice when I made it, but not exactly the kind of question I can ask in church and I already know what my family thinks. This is a diverse crowd who I think the constitution means something ...figured I would get some good, level headed responses, which I have. Thanks everyone.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I knew I was treading on thin ice when I made it, but not exactly the kind of question I can ask in church and I already know what my family thinks.

If you can't ask this question in church, then I suggest you find a new one. Heck, the answer is right in the rule book if you care to look for it, Mark 12:31 if you want to be precise. Note that the verse makes no exceptions for anything. I'll try to say this as politely as I can - as a non Christian, it amazes me how many Christians don't know what their own book says, let alone follows it. This remake isn't pointed at you CHCRandy, but more of a general statement.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That was a long time ago for me, but I was asked. Shrugged and said it's a free country but it's not the lifestyle for me, you're proof of that.:)

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Would it be discrimination to say that if you don't agree with the gay lifestyle you are showing hate? I believe I have the right to agree or disagree with what ever lifestyle I choose. I do have issues with people that choose to live that lifestyle. With that being said I have neighbors who are gay, my wife and I have several lesbian friends, a couple of my old high school friends are now openly gay. I do not hate them, they are good people. Does that mean that I should not teach my children about the moral issues I have with their lifestyle? Am I teaching my children hate?
    I teach my children to love and respect others. I teach my children the moral values I live by. This is a big part of what is wrong today. The "if you don't agree with me you are racist, or homophobic, or hateful crowd". So sick of it.

Agreed!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom

This is where my biggest problem is.....
    Do you think that people want to be ridiculed and judged so they "choose" a different lifestyle. There is a ton of scientific research to that point that it has ran into the dirt that homosexuals are born with a predisposition towards being homosexual. There is even a correlation between how many males are born to a single female as to the possibility of being homosexual. The more males that are born to a female, the more likely that they will be born homosexual. It is thought that things have evolved (gasp) that way to keep from competition in the gene pool.

Im not trying to be negative or condescending, it just seems there is overwhelming evidence out there that people refuse to see.

Darral27, this was not meant directly at you. This is just a set of words I see alot when the subject comes up.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I just say different strokes for different folks. Not the direction for me. Everyone has the right to choose. My first exposure to it was on a tour boat in Sweeden 1984. I was a pup then. And the comments from my step mother were very anti, two young lady's making out near us. So I would agree it is a learned response. Interestingly I think Dad was quite silent at that time. But I remember the in ident only because of the big deal my step mother made.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm not jumping in the inevitable argument that just started, because it's a waste of time.

When my son asked me about it, I just told him that everyone is different and some guys like other guys and some girls like other girls. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "huh, that's kind of weird, but ok." And that was the end of the discussion.

Gay or straight, all PDA is very offputting.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    This is where my biggest problem is.....
    Do you think that people want to be ridiculed and judged so they "choose" a different lifestyle. There is a ton of scientific research to that point that it has ran into the dirt that homosexuals are born with a predisposition towards being homosexual. There is even a correlation between how many males are born to a single female as to the possibility of being homosexual. The more males that are born to a female, the more likely that they will be born homosexual. It is thought that things have evolved (gasp) that way to keep from competition in the gene pool.

Im not trying to be negative or condescending, it just seems there is overwhelming evidence out there that people refuse to see.

Darral27, this was not meant directly at you. This is just a set of words I see alot when the subject comes up.

I see some things differently than the people making these studies. I have seen them but fact is we can make a study say whatever we want it to. Most have a decided out come before it begins. Granted I do not know every gay person out there, I do and have known more than a few. They all have one thing in common, it would not be appropriate to discuss on a family forum but it is not genetics. What I have seen is less and less common with the popularity today in school of being gay or bi sexual, but not long ago I strongly believe it played a huge part. I do understand that your comment was not directed towards me. When I see an issue like this come up it is frustrating to me. Just because I morally disagree does not make me a bigot. It does not make me right, it does not make you right, it makes us people with our own code to live by

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    This one time, I saw two midget strippers kissing. But that was in a movie.

Well ya just had to go and bring in the midget strippers didn't ya........:dunno:
    Ok, I'm in!!
    Only thoughts on this subject is this, I have two children. A 24 year old son who is Autistic and has other disabilities. I also have a 21 year old daughter who is now in college. The one thing I'm most proud of in my children is their ability to only see what's in a persons heart and soul. It makes no difference what color, what their religion is, their sexual preference! They just don't care. Ive never talked to them about any of these subjects. They have watched how we as parents have treated other people. I'm not proud of a lot of things I've done, but my children are a big source of pride for me.
    Now lets talk Midget Strippers!!

Top Bottom