• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Depends on where I am at when said situation happens.
    At work my sig 226 and .30 carbine are always in my truck.
    At home whatever I can grab on the way out. One will definitely be a 22 though. great for food gathering and possible the most abundant caliber in the us for rounds. Other than that whatever.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Glock 19 Kel-Tec SUB2000 in 9mm, to go with the Glock 19. Bunch of loaded Glock 17 Mags. Marlin 39 Lever Action .22 with scope - for food gathering Mossberg 500 If I was more worried about gun confiscation and short term protection, rather than survival, I would probably go with the Kel-Tec P11, instead of the .22, to allow more deep concealment. The only thing that would be showing is the shotgun, not the folded carbine or two pistols.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Ain't gonna happen! I'm not a city dweller to begin with. I have a very defensable position right where I am. My stores list is complete and right where I am is the best place for me to make a stand. When this time comes, don't think you can run my way and survive. You've already made your decisions as to where you want to live your life so be prepared to buckle down and defend it rather than turn tail and run blindly into an area you know nothing about with whatever you can carry on your back.

I agree 100%. We prep to defend our position. I make no excuses or appologies for it. Many people who visit walk away saying I know where I am going when it hits. I usually say evaluate your situation and begin prepping NOW. Brings about a question though. We have plans in place, written and working. What situation would force you from your stronghold? I prep for many weather and biological , and the seekers , but what could make one leave the strong hold in the time that had not been expected. By posting this I am truely looking to better my prep plan. I believe no plan will be efficient unless it is constantly updated tested, and prepped for.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't think I could answer this. It's conceivable I'd already have four on my person before trying to "gear up" for some kind of trouble. I'd have to download!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'd like to believe that I would be able to defend my living space (I dare not call an apartment building "My House"), but with all of the Urban training that has been taking place among Military/LEO departments, I rather take my chances out in the field than to stay in the city. I'm light Infantry by nature, and would take the fight to the "enemy"(which, as we all know, is in a state of constant flux), but since I have more than just me to take care of... that's not an option.

So, as my "kit" would be... one thing would be certain... I would have my trusty Glock 19 and all of it's magazines loaded. I am in the midst of building a new AR chambered in 5.45x39. I also have a Mossberg 500 which I will be converting to a "Breach Gun" and keeping in the vehicle, should I have to bug out to a new location.

As a longer-range option... I'm working on a "Mosin Scout" derived from an M44. Should be an interesting little piece of equipment. I plan on changing the stock on it and putting on a smaller Bi-pod, with a cuff for Ammo on it. I won't be carrying much ammo for this rifle on my person, as it's not meant as a MBR.

I think that covers four... I can be long winded at times.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    My whole idea is not to have to take anything cause I ain't planning on going anywhere-

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Tough one because handguns are small and easy to carry. I could carry 4 on me with no problems.

But if 4 is all I can take. 1) Beretta M9, 2) AR15, 3) Remington 870 4) Remington 700 in .308

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I agree 100%. We prep to defend our position. I make no excuses or appologies for it. Many people who visit walk away saying I know where I am going when it hits. I usually say evaluate your situation and begin prepping NOW. Brings about a question though. We have plans in place, written and working. What situation would force you from your stronghold? I prep for many weather and biological , and the seekers , but what could make one leave the strong hold in the time that had not been expected. By posting this I am truely looking to better my prep plan. I believe no plan will be efficient unless it is constantly updated tested, and prepped for.

Civil war, with somewhere like Montana deciding to re-institute the US Constitution, while eastern states are going along with gun control, suspension of habeus corpus, free speech being redefined as a hate crime if you dissent with the President/Mesiah and the Dem congress, a state of national emergency being declared and the 2012 election being "postponed." You want to get there from here, or submit to the military searching your home and seizing your materials if you want to stay here and be a law abiding citizen?

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    My Heavy Barrel ar15 w/20ga Saiga attached, 1911a and my M9
    My wife would have her Henry .22 Youth rifle.
    All the mags ammo and other suppplies we can hump w/ our CFP 90 Backpacks if we cannot use the 4x4.
    The home is in the middle of town we would hit my dads home in the country.

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    Kind of like the others:
    Handgun: G23 with 9mm Lone Wolf barrel (Best of both worlds in 1 gun) *
    12g 870 deer & smooth bore barrel *
    10/22 Small game
    Battle rifle

* 4 guns & 6 barrels, no one said anything about only having 1 barrel per gun. :draw:

C.H.U.D.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Elkhart
    I wonder how well thought out some choices are?? My pics would be a good hi cap 9mm, it the standard military cal and getting ammo might get tough for others. The next would be a AR15 CAR 5.56 is the standard rifle cal for half the world .223 bolt gun with hi qual scope , can share ammo with the AR, and lastly a 12ga. pump gun the most common gr. used by police and the military. my choices are for ease of attaining ammo [from the fallen, be they our or theirs ] When you run out of your 7.62x54 theres not alot of places to get it but I guess then you'll have to re equip with some of the weapon ive listed, theres a purpose to common cal weapons in nato and any one prepairing for SHTF should keep that in mind

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I wonder how well thought out some choices are?? My pics would be a good hi cap 9mm, it the standard military cal and getting ammo might get tough for others. The next would be a AR15 CAR 5.56 is the standard rifle cal for half the world .223 bolt gun with hi qual scope , can share ammo with the AR, and lastly a 12ga. pump gun the most common gr. used by police and the military. my choices are for ease of attaining ammo [from the fallen, be they our or theirs ] When you run out of your 7.62x54 theres not alot of places to get it but I guess then you'll have to re equip with some of the weapon ive listed, theres a purpose to common cal weapons in nato and any one prepairing for SHTF should keep that in mind

I'd mentioned to my wife a while back that it may be desirable to have guns that would fire the same ammo as police and military, should we need to get ammo from the fallen (ours or theirs.)

She brought up a rather good point, I thought, when she said that if we were taking their ammo and it didn't fit our guns, we could just take the guns as well. In fact, she seems to think that we should take the guns and ammo regardless. Both could be quite valuable trade/barter items.

C.H.U.D.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Elkhart
    yes by all means take everything you can use and carry, but i know the weapons that i have and may not be as familer with a weapon found on the field

Top Bottom