mjbww6.jpg

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The tires were put on the car about two months ago at the same shop. At that time they mentioned that the front left ball joint needed to be replaced. The front right CV Boot needed to be replaced, and one of the rear half shafts was leaking grease.

We took the car in a week or so ago to have all of that work, as well as an alignment, oil change, and something else done....

So far what I know is that they took the invoice from the tow truck driver, and made a space in the shop nearly immediately to put the car on a lift. I'm pretty sure they know they stepped in it. Now I get to wait and see how much they're going to repair.

I don't think I'd settle for less than fixing whatever broke as a direct response to the ball joint coming apart. (front left fender, Door, tire, and anything underneath that was damaged.)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    as a side note.... I couldn't tell for sure, but it looks to me like when it was put back together someone forgot to put the cotter pin through the bolt to keep the king nut on.....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    WOW! That sucks. Yea, I'd be making them fix EVERYTHING damaged. That's pretty messed up. However, if you weren't driving like a maniac you would have never had to have it fixed in the first place. :): J/K Hope everything works out for the best.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well that's no good. I hope they fix it all. If not I'd be getting ahold of some higher ups and see what can be done. Its hard to say exactly what happened. They may of not gotten it tight enough, or forgot the cotter pin (although kinda unlikely the nut would come off in that short of time). Oh well keep us updated I'm curious what all they find out.

Top Bottom