• smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Oh wow...nice attitude:noway::noway::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:dunno::dunno:
    Umm if ya woulda read my other post. I was bein a smart*** to my dad. Because he is always critizing the stuff I do. Even though he just bought 2 guns in the last 6 months. My attitude really aint nothing like that. I was just sayin it to shut him up.

Last edited:

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    My wife ask me "why do you want to go to the gun show when you know you are not going to buy anything"

MY response was" why do you want to go to the zoo when I know you are not bringing home a Zebra"

She has never ask again!!!:D:rockwoot:

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My wife ask me "why do you want to go to the gun show when you know you are not going to buy anything"

MY response was" why do you want to go to the zoo when I know you are not bringing home a Zebra"

She has never ask again!!!:D:rockwoot:

Nice!!!

Quick on your toes with that one...repped!

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Simple reply

I tell them it is because I "want and can afford it". I follow up by asking if THEY only buy what they need. Do you really "NEED" more than two pair of underwear?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    My mom was always getting on me for buying guns. I always told her I bought guns and that way I didnt have money to be tempted by drugs. Never really worked but always got a laugh. :)

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    "It's not a Bill of NEEDS, it's a Bill of RIGHTS"

This one, phrased as ,"It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs" or "It's an American thing, you wouldn't understand" just to keep it short and simple, because...
    I figure, anyone that would ask me that question doesn't really deserve an answer and I'm not very interested in being persuasive.

They don't. They just wanted to voice their disapproval of your buying decisions. A polite person will phrase his question differently if he is sincerely interested in the product.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I had a friend ask me this question once, but it was followed by "are you planning on getting robbed?" We happened to be standing at the back of his car with the trunk open. I pointed to his jumper cables and said "What do you need those for, are you planning on having a dead battery?":D

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I had a friend ask me this question once, but it was followed by "are you planning on getting robbed?" We happened to be standing at the back of his car with the trunk open. I pointed to his jumper cables and said "What do you need those for, are you planning on having a dead battery?":D
    lol That's def a good one.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Need? I really "don't" need it. I'm getting it because I want it, and because I "CAN". :rockwoot:

That pretty much sums it up for me as well.:yesway: I've gotten some slack lately about building my AR and a couple people have asked me that question; Why do you need one? I told them I just want one.

Last edited:

RD3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    What do ya need that for? How many times have you commented to somebody about how you would like to have a particular gun, knife or piece of gear and they ask you "What do ya need that for?" Do any of you have good stories about questions like this and the snappy comebacks you gave them?

My wife. I'm wanting a Glock 10mm. She asked "what do you need that for". If I run into a bear I said. When do you plan on running into a bear she asked? I'm still trying to come up with a snappy answer for her come back.
    Help me out guys, I really want the 10mm. Btw, I alread know it isn't the best gun for a bear, only equal to a 41magnum and a 44 would be better.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom