• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    What do ya need that for? How many times have you commented to somebody about how you would like to have a particular gun, knife or piece of gear and they ask you "What do ya need that for?" Do any of you have good stories about questions like this and the snappy comebacks you gave them?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    My father asked me "why do you need that" when I showed him my first suppressor. My reply, "To guard against hearing loss while shooting.".

He chuckled, and said BS!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    What do ya need that for? How many times have you commented to somebody about how you would like to have a particular gun, knife or piece of gear and they ask you "What do ya need that for?"

Need? I really "don't" need it. I'm getting it because I want it, and because I "CAN". :rockwoot:

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    Cause

Cause..............More than 1.4 million murders, rapes, robberies and assaults were committed around the United States last year, or a violent crime every 22 seconds, the FBI said.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    My dad actually said that too me after I bought my first and only gun a month or so ago. But he has bought 2 dillengers or however spell them this year. My mom was standing there when he asked me. I said So I can bust cap in someones *** if I ever feel like it. The look on my moms face was priceless. lol

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Happened two days ago. Simply mentioned that I wanted my car back from my wife because mine was "stocked" better. He asked what I meant and I told him days worth of food, sleeping bag, medical supplies, tent and stove.

He laughed and asked what in the **** would I need that for.

I asked him if he was ever 8 years old, alone, in a van, stuck in a snow drift, and just watched his dad walk off into the dark looking for help. He said "no". I told him that was the difference between the two of us.

He asked if the story was real.

I told him, real as it gets, and that is why I can live out of my car for days if I need to.

No joke.

P.S. I did not mention the other stuff in there too. I went light on details... :ingo:

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    "Somebody has to keep the second amendment alive."
    I def like this answer.

In my I was just smarting off to my dad. Cause he is always critizing me for things but like I said he just boght 2 withing the last 6 months or so. He doesnt even have his permit. He dont wanna carry just to collect. Which aint nothing wrong with that. But atleast I bought mine to carry and home protection.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I hear it all the time, someone questioning the practicality of my .308 pistols, or the .223 pistols. What can i say i like my EBRs or EBPs in this case :dunno:
    I like it mostly when people say that "you cant hit the broudside of a barn with that it looks like a Machine Gun"
    Thats one of the things i like about the different types of firearms, people like different styles of guns. I like the short black ones. They have a certain CDI factor:D:D:D:D:D

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Its a right granted by God to protect my country, my family, my life, and my property. Yes in that order. Plus I like to add to the MILLIONS of LEGAL gun owners that DIDNT shoot anyone today! :)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I hear it all the time from every angle....Why do you need a truck load of canned vegetables? Why on earth do you have that big backpack with the axe on it? Why do you need so many guns?.......Answers in order: The grocery store ain't gonna be there forever, I can live out of this bag for years where's yours?, I never know what I'm going to wear and I wanna match.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    "It's not a Bill of NEEDS, it's a Bill of RIGHTS"

I almost never get asked that question though. The safe only gets opened around people I already trust.
    I figure, anyone that would ask me that question doesn't really deserve an answer and I'm not very interested in being persuasive.

Top Bottom