• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    A big thank you to hkindiana who identified a old cigar box full of arrowheads I have. Said the oldest ones are 5,000 to 6,000 years old!! Wow!

That is really neat TT. I have a cousin who has a pretty extensive collection but I'm not sure he has anything that old.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I didn't intend to start collecting beer bottle caps, but it has happened. I'm not sure what I want to do with them. I have a cheap pool table and have thought of covering it with them.
    E2996708-B6C5-4A9C-84AC-84A91C117E76_zpsznfwa7yh.jpg

I also play play the bass guitar. I have those mounted on my living room wall.

AD29A61A-0FE6-44F0-AB27-0C7FC06F66F4_zpsmsp4kd6t.jpg

I had a Peavey T-40 bass back in the 80s for a while, and a Predator 6 string currently, for noodling around. There was a T-15 I used to lust after. Those guys make solid stuff. 5 string Fender Jazz Bass and a 2000 American standard Strat if I decide to get serious. Didn't help when I sawed off the fingerprint on my trigger finger, but I'm getting amped up to get back into it. I have a a couple of classical pieces I want to arrange with reverb, distortion and feedback. I don't imagine Sarasate or Albinoni ever figured on composing for death metal. Suck it up, guys. Oh, and I can make my own SBEs, rosewood necks, frets, the lot. I even have a feature I'm considering a patent on, which I therefore can't really discuss. If you ever see a credible M16 guitar on Etsy or ebay, that'll probably be me.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    My wife loves coffee, so we get coffee mugs from all the places we visit. She also gets a shirt or sweater, though she does actually wear them. I collect smashed pennies if I can find a machine. These can be hard to collect because you have to make sure you have quarters and pennies available for the machine. Additionally, I like hiking, so I've started to collect hiking medallions and nailing them to a hiking stick my folks got me. Additionally, we collect national park passport book stamps. I don't get the stickers they come out with every year and instead just get the stamps. We've decided that we would only get stamps once, to save room in the book for others. The stamps are nice because they have the name of the place and date you were there. Once we get the new house built, I hope to build or buy some sort of rack or hooks for all of our coffee mugs and hang them on a way or around the home.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Collected rocks when I was a kid, but they were all thrown away after I left for the Army. Tried dead president's pictures, but my late ex spent them.

Over the past few years, I have managed to build a substantial, for me, collection of Marilyn Monroe memorabilia. Most of it is worth what I paid for it, but I do have some items that may be worth some money. Been looking for an appraiser to get a value on these items for insurance and estate purposes.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I collected arrow heads as a kid but a worthless SOB robbed my parents house and stole them. :( These days it seems like all I collect is bills, or toys my kids pickup from various places. :)

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Well besides guns, I seem to have acquired quite the collection of Larue Tactical Dillo Bottle Openers, Dillo Dust, and DVD's of the "10th Annual Sniper Competition".

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Coins. I freaking love coins. I got my collection started when I worked retail (of all places), and I've kept going since.

This is the pride of my collection, even though it's not worth much. A lady gave it to me because she thought it was a dime. While this is not my photo, the penny is this shiny. It's in great shape
    View attachment 35858

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Coins. I freaking love coins. I got my collection started when I worked retail (of all places), and I've kept going since.

This is the pride of my collection, even though it's not worth much. A lady gave it to me because she thought it was a dime. While this is not my photo, the penny is this shiny. It's in great shape
    View attachment 35858

How 'bout rolls of them and yes, this is a photo of one roll I have laying around here. They make great smashed/elongated pennies.

One of favorites in my collection. 1944 D/S Die #1, that I found in a roll. Came back certified at AU50.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom