What did you get at the Jan 2014 Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not sure why some people are saying there were no deals. I got a used Glock 34 gen 3 that had been marked $529. Even at that price the deal was decent, but when I talked to Bob for a bit (it was at the PSS table), he came down to $479 for cash. Looking at Gunwatcher and various other resources, the lowest I've seen it go for is $500. Could barely tell the gun was used either, it's in great shape. I will admit the gun had some issues, as it wouldn't work when I took it to the range the next day, but it ended up just being some lube/grease the previous owner had put in locations where it shouldn't have gone. Buddy of mine picked up a used G26 gen 4. Similar to my deal, it was marked ~$500, but Bob came down to $444 without much haggling and a straight cash transaction. I also came close to picking up an M&P VTAC in 9mm at another table. BNIB, marked $699 and had the guy down to $649 before I decided I'd already spent enough that day. Still, that was a decent price for that weapon (though it helps I knew I could buy it for $619 here SMITH AND WESSON MP9 9MM VTAC VIKING TACTICS DARK EARTH @ Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore: and FFL it to USDS for $15).

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Not sure why some people are saying there were no deals. I got a used Glock 34 gen 3 that had been marked $529. Even at that price the deal was decent, but when I talked to Bob for a bit (it was at the PSS table), he came down to $479 for cash. Looking at Gunwatcher and various other resources, the lowest I've seen it go for is $500. Could barely tell the gun was used either, it's in great shape. I will admit the gun had some issues, as it wouldn't work when I took it to the range the next day, but it ended up just being some lube/grease the previous owner had put in locations where it shouldn't have gone. Buddy of mine picked up a used G26 gen 4. Similar to my deal, it was marked ~$500, but Bob came down to $444 without much haggling and a straight cash transaction. I also came close to picking up an M&P VTAC in 9mm at another table. BNIB, marked $699 and had the guy down to $649 before I decided I'd already spent enough that day. Still, that was a decent price for that weapon (though it helps I knew I could buy it for $619 here SMITH AND WESSON MP9 9MM VTAC VIKING TACTICS DARK EARTH @ Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore: and FFL it to USDS for $15).

Those are decent prices, but remember your parking and ticket price too. Just saying. I was there, priced some things out, didn't buy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Those are decent prices, but remember your parking and ticket price too. Just saying. I was there, priced some things out, didn't buy.

Yep, I understand. Luckily I brought a couple other guys with, so they paid parking. Still, with the price of the gun, plus tax and the admission price, I was just a little over the cheapest advertised classified pricing I've seen, so I don't feel too bad. I figure I could turn around and sell it for $500 - $525 if I ever needed to (not that I expect to of course) :)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Grabbed an M&P shield from BGF then picked up a holster from Reaper (?). I was going to grab one anyways and it helped that I know Officer Hamblin though I haven't seen him in years. It seems to do a good job though I'm not really a fan of faux carbon fiber. Apparently he'll make whatever you want, whatever color u want. I was looking for 300blk and found none. No one had any hmmwv parts either.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks DEET if only that LEO trade in could talk, definatly carried, right handed officer with the scrapes on that side, holster wear on the slide and scratches from in and out of the storage box at the department lock up. Rear sight chewed from use too.

I will send you a fresh rear sight you can tap off your old one and tap in another in if you want LMK.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Steel core thanks for the offer, but the rear sight is still usable. I only bought it because the price was right and I am now a Glock owner. I wanted a good quality gun at a good price. I really love the trigger, it feels like 3-4 lbs max and is super slick. The springs are all broke in and the barrel is still clean. I am already dying to get to the range to see how she shoots.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Please tell me why people haggle and waste the vendors time, to get them down to their lowest price, and then walk away!?

Top Bottom