what carry flashlights do you recommend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    iv heard lots of people talking about carrying flashlights with them for everyday purposes but also for threat ID in low light scenarios

which lights do you all recommend looking into and why?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I got my wife this one. SureFire Fury Tactical P2X. This thing is bright. She has said the only downside is trying to use it to read in low light it is too bright. As far as self defense or being able to light up a particular area it is great.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    iv heard lots of people talking about carrying flashlights with them for everyday purposes but also for threat ID in low light scenarios

which lights do you all recommend looking into and why?

Personally, for EDC I like single cell lights, just for ease of pocket carry.

Like above, I have a Surefire E1B, very well made, clip doesnt wear your pocket, the TIR lens makes it seem as bright as higher rated lights. I like that it comes on high first, then you can bump it to low.

Surefire E1B Back up BLACK

Now, I understand most may not want to dump $125 on a EDC light. I think another excellent choice for an EDC light is the 4sevens QTL. It's a single cell light, it will be brighter than the E1B.
    Quark Tactical QTL Gen 2

If you rather stick with AA batteries, the QTA is also a nice choice.

Quark Tactical QTA Gen 2

These lights also come in 2 cell versions as well if you prefer a larger light with more light output.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Nebo Redline series... Inexpensive and really well made and 220 lumens that runs off of 3 AAA batteries instead of specialty batteries

Be careful with these. They overstate the lumens... Keep in mind, you can write whatever you want on the box.

But if you want a light that you don't care if you lose, or your kids will walk away with... These aren't a bad deal.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I've carried a Fennix PD32 for a few months and love it. It has four brightness settings, up to 330 lumens, and runs on a rechargeable 18650 battery or two CR123As.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Surefire makes the best flashlights.

I'd recommend the LX2. It has a set of features that are desirable.
    - duel settings gives you either a low or high level of light depending on pressure on the tailcap
    - small enough to carry
    - large enough to use for striking
    - rugged
    - momentary on is separate from constant on
    - pocket clip (also it's worst feature)
    - no spikes or silly sharp bits

Don't just buy a light and think you are done. Get some training to improve your ability to use these tools under stress.

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Have you seen the little Maglite XL200? 170 lumens, strobe and other modes. Alot of options for a $37 light.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Surefire...

I always carry on my person a Surefire E1e, and will float though using either a C2 Centurian, a G2, Kroma-Mil. I love the C2, I have been beating the hell out of it for almost a decade though at least 4 trips to War, sadly though I found out today that Surefire has decided to discontinue it from their line...

The Kroma is starting to grow on me, mainly because of its unique capabilities of having several light color options and still retaining simple controls...

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    What no Maglight? Kidding!

Any suggestions for those of us that want a practical, reasonably priced alternative?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    You'll see lots of LX2 recommendations as they are the new kool-kid light - kind of like the G19 and Big Dot sights of last year.

Surefire makes good, solid kit. For sure. I still have eight stashed in bags and cars. HDS makes the Best lights. (Opinions are like our own lil unique snowflake, eh?) At least that's what you're gonna find out if you make it to Candlepowerforums. I spent a lot of money on a lot of Surefires, Novatacs, Nitecore, Jetbeam, Fenix and 4Sevens... I wish I had bught an HDS to start with and my search would have been over and saved some cash.

If you're looking for good and budget, 4Sevens is a solid choice.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I can tell you our best sellers are 4Sevens. Of them the QP2A, QT2A and the QB2A lead the pack. These are all high output lights that run on AA batteries. (They all have 123a counter parts as well)

The QB2A will have a similar beam and output to a LX2. Also there is a QB2L that uses 123a batteries instead of AA, you gain a little output this way.

4Sevens

I'd thumb through these lights and see if anything catches you eye.

If you want to see a video of anything, let me know, if we don't have it on youtube already, I most likely have it shot already, just not finalized and uploaded. I can get a move on for you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLedwarehouse

Top Bottom