Bit of a soft spot for these as well.

Who would have thunk it.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    This is what I have now, and love it! And this is why I love it. Because I get to do stuff like this with it. Skip to 1:18 to see movement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfIgPrc6Kd4
    3016255018_4326033824_b.jpg

But would love an old muscle car as a daily summer driver.

is that a video of your actual car? and also i don't think you could get me to do that. all i saw was unlever pavement, and craters! lol but neat vidoe.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    is that a video of your actual car? and also i don't think you could get me to do that. all i saw was unlever pavement, and craters! lol but neat vidoe.

It is my car. Both video and photo. Its fun. The camera is so close to the ground, that it looks a lot worse than what it is.

But autocross racing is a great way to see what your car can do. Its made me a better driver. I know how how well it breaks, and how well I can take turns.

Here's a 3rd person view of one of my other runs.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/fnmQ0MKZjtc[/ame]

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    that's pretty awesome!! i may have to check that out. i think my car would do pretty well!

Is what you have similar to the GTO that the made? One of the guys thats apart of this club that I joined, drove a GTO. He was pretty good with it.

This club is based in Champaign. Indy has a club, but haven't gone to any of their events yet.

But they always do stuff as safe as possible. There are strict rules about how the course can be laid out, and they do a safety check of your car. You have to wear a helmet. And you can have 1 passenger riding along with you. So its always fun to take my friends for a ride for the first time. I've been told, its like a rollercoaster ride, that you actually get to control.

But I've done the cold-air intake and tune on my car. And have Borla Cat-back exhaust. Other than that, its stock.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Is what you have similar to the GTO that the made? One of the guys thats apart of this club that I joined, drove a GTO. He was pretty good with it.

This club is based in Champaign. Indy has a club, but haven't gone to any of their events yet.

But they always do stuff as safe as possible. There are strict rules about how the course can be laid out, and they do a safety check of your car. You have to wear a helmet. And you can have 1 passenger riding along with you. So its always fun to take my friends for a ride for the first time. I've been told, its like a rollercoaster ride, that you actually get to control.

But I've done the cold-air intake and tune on my car. And have Borla Cat-back exhaust. Other than that, its stock.

Yes, it's a pontiac G8 GT it's sporty enough for me and it has four doors.. that was a must. it's stock 360hp i put a K&N on it and a flowmaster. and just getting into the supercharger on it. if i tuned my car i think it'd help it alot.
    for the recor it's the first car i've ever owned.. i've had a good ol' 24valve cummins for a long time and before that i had a f150.. just was a truck guy until needs and wants came along and pushed me over. lol

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It is my car. Both video and photo. Its fun. The camera is so close to the ground, that it looks a lot worse than what it is.

But autocross racing is a great way to see what your car can do. Its made me a better driver. I know how how well it breaks, and how well I can take turns.

Here's a 3rd person view of one of my other runs.
    http://youtu.be/fnmQ0MKZjtc

I've got quite a few auto-x vids both in and out of the cars. I've run a few different cars at auto-x. As soon as the vette is running right I would like to take it to putnam park and try a few track days. Auto-x is fun, but something like the vette needs more room to stretch her legs.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I've got quite a few auto-x vids both in and out of the cars. I've run a few different cars at auto-x. As soon as the vette is running right I would like to take it to putnam park and try a few track days. Auto-x is fun, but something like the vette needs more room to stretch her legs.

Have you done any of the Indy events? I was apart of the Champaign SCCA club for a few years. But haven't done an Indy one yet. Was just wondering how many runs you get with Indy. We got an average of 5-6 runs.

But I need to get my car fixed. Its in the shop right now getting some new paint, from someone deciding that they wanted to add their own pin-striping to my car. And one of my rear tires is starting to grind something. May be a wheel bearing.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I already picked a car, but here is the perfect pick-em-up truck...

CHEVYCREWCABSB.jpg

Chevy never made one quite like this, with a short bed and a 12v Cummins. It would be a nice contrast to my black GNX:D

Top Bottom