• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    besides wait? I filled out my application for a lifetime ltch on 12/28. I did my fingerprints 12/28. I am in noblesville and have to wait for the chief to call to come in and pay local fees. I went in 2 weeks ago and they told me to wait for my call, which should be within a week. So I waited. I called again 1/11, I was told my application was on the chiefs desk and I should get a call in a few days. Yesterday 1/18 I decided to call again. This time I was told she couldn't find my application and that she assumed it was STILL on the chiefs desk awaiting a background check. It's been 22 days since my app and prints, and my application hasn't even been looked at?? I'm not sure why the delay to review my application. I'm sure all I can do is wait. If anyone has any ideas please share.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    besides wait? I filled out my application for a lifetime ltch on 12/28. I did my fingerprints 12/28. I am in noblesville and have to wait for the chief to call to come in and pay local fees. I went in 2 weeks ago and they told me to wait for my call, which should be within a week. So I waited. I called again 1/11, I was told my application was on the chiefs desk and I should get a call in a few days. Yesterday 1/18 I decided to call again. This time I was told she couldn't find my application and that she assumed it was STILL on the chiefs desk awaiting a background check. It's been 22 days since my app and prints, and my application hasn't even been looked at?? I'm not sure why the delay to review my application. I'm sure all I can do is wait. If anyone has any ideas please share.

I would speak to one of our resident 2nd amendment attorney's. I am sure they would be happy to represent you. :)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I wasn't aware that there is a City or County CLEO sign off in the procedure for the LTCH. Once your prints and app were done, you should have paid your fees and the whole thing is supposed to go to ISP.
    I don't think the person you spoke with knew what they were talking about.
    Then again, maybe I don't either :dunno:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    In Whiting we have to talk to the Chief. He was on vacation when I applied so I had a two (almost 3) week wait. I was told by ISP there was nothing to be done but wait.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I wasn't aware that there is a City or County CLEO sign off in the procedure for the LTCH. Once your prints and app were done, you should have paid your fees and the whole thing is supposed to go to ISP.
    I don't think the person you spoke with knew what they were talking about.
    Then again, maybe I don't either :dunno:

I paid state fees 12/28. Noblesville refuses to take local fees until CLEO does a background check and calls.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    That's ridiculous. Fort Wayne is a pretty busy place, but I went into the PD in October, filled out the app, did the fingerprints, paid local and state fees, and had my LTCH within 2 weeks.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I paid state fees 12/28. Noblesville refuses to take local fees until CLEO does a background check and calls.

Well, I'll be dipped. I looked in the IC and sure enough, the local CLEO does the background check, makes recommendations and forwards it to ISP with the prints. Learn something new every day.

Sorry to have led you along the wrong path.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    IIRC it took about 10 days for mine in Noblesville. Who knows, maybe the cheif was on vacation or something? :dunno:

Relax, I remember when it took about 3 months to get one.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    5 months?
    Are we talking about a form 4 transfer or a LTCH?
    I suggest move to another county.
    Ridiculous.

I'll be moving in 2-3 months, most likely out of noblesville. Currently looking at homes. If its not done by then I'm not sure what will happen.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Personally, I'd go down there and ask about things in person, but that's just me. There's no reason for it to be taking this long. At the sheriffs office it took one trip down for the whole shooting match, prints pay and go. No wait. It should be that easy everywhere.

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    You have to talk to the chief in Carmel too, but it only took a few days from the time I called until we were done.

I too had to talk to the Chief in Carmel ( pretty nice guy btw) but it was in and out. He only asked need to know questions and I only gave need to know answers. 10 min and I was on my way. I called and was in within the same week. I would go down there and check.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom