• What caliber do you carry?

• Total voters

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    Normal carry is a 9 mm (sometimes with a 380 B.U.G.). If clothing / activities allow, I'll carry my 40 s & w (usually with a 380 B.U.G.). If carrying deep is the only appropriate option, my 380 is all I'll have on me (usually with an extra magazine). Every so often I'll carry the wife's 38 just so it doesn't feel abandoned.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    All I have now is 9mm. Decided a while ago to keep to one caliber. I am having second thoughts now. I have a hankering for a 1911 that I am really trying to suppress.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    .45'. Period.

Every day carry, target shooting, IDPA, USPSA...

1911 Government model in .45

Period

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Everyday goto gun for out and about is a .36 caliber, right now I happen to be enjoyin the mornin with the .36 in a leather S&W 21/26 someone cut the end off to fit a 4" revolver so I have 3" of barrel showin out the bottom, carried crossdraw at 9:00. Very comfortable for me and not in the way when I reach for my wallet, change, knives etc.

Around the house and where I don't need a LTCH, often not always is 1911 .45 acp in a IWB Uncle Mikes @ 4:00.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    EDC almost always is .45 acp.

Exceptions are carry in field while hunting is .44 mag revolver. Very infrequently will carry a .357 revolver. Carry a Kimber Solo 9mm while jogging.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Everyday goto gun for out and about is a .36 caliber, right now I happen to be enjoyin the mornin with the .36 in a leather S&W 21/26 someone cut the end off to fit a 4" revolver so I have 3" of barrel showin out the bottom, carried crossdraw at 9:00. Very comfortable for me and not in the way when I reach for my wallet, change, knives etc.

Around the house and where I don't need a LTCH, often not always is 1911 .45 acp in a IWB Uncle Mikes @ 4:00.

What I want to know is how long a "tactical reload" of the .36 takes.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    With extra cylinders not too long at all. Need to get some, and a speedloader/cylinder pouch.

Many carry a revolver without speedloaders or extra rounds, and some carry derringers with just the 2 loaded barrels. It is not "optimal" but is sufficient for my current needs.

To be honest since this is a caliber thread, I would prefer a .44 for self defence.

Top Bottom