What business would/could you start with $20k?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    As someone who works for corporate entities and consults to small businesses, I would highly recommend you think about investing in ideas for generating a passive income.

Technology is your friend. Think of something that is incredibly useful, or entertaining, which can be put into the internet or phone app in some fashion and your $20k will not only be more than enough, but you will generate a constant income from doing basically nothing. It's a new age in entrepreneurialism.

For example, a 17 year old kid made a simple phone app. Charged a dollar for each download, and before leaving high school was generating a $200k per year salary from doing nothing. Passed up college, barely finished high school, and now owns his own tech consulting company while having his hands in nearly a dozen other major tech firms.

You're only limited by your creativity when you already have the capital to get started.

SameOl'Sh!z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    indianapolis
    Some good ideas here. The e cig store caught my eye. Those are huge right now.

Making an app would be cool. Trying to come up with something that hasn't been done and that a lot of people could use is hard.

I've looked into the pawn shop idea also. Big money to get started and you need better than perfect credit...who has that nowadays??

And I'm not really asking for ideas that I could start. I'd like to know what you would do. One guy said handy man. I'd imagine he has handyman skills. Some of you are probably fluent in vehicle repair so an auto shop would be your business.

Keep them coming.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Medical uniform/supply shop and website (if you only have larger type stores around). You could start with a lower inventory, not much markup. And as business picks up have more of your previous "special" order inventory on hand.

You could also give frequent buyer discounts, or group discounts to facilities if you go there and say "pay me now, and get 10% off" or something. You could also then sell steel toe boots, EMT uniforms/supplies, and police uniforms/boots/supplies.

Scrubs/EMT pants are rediculously overpriced for what they are. I worked homecare and was required to wear street clothes, when I went back to facility working I spent $150 bucks on 3 scrub outfits.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    $20,000 to me is some good tools, a bunch of certifications/training, and start up cash for a tech business. Have to hustle to get your name out there, but once you get word of mouth going, not a lot of need to advertise.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Maybe start a business disciplining children. It seems most parents you see in the wild don't understand that sometimes little Johnny needs a crack on the backside. You probably shouldn't cuff the kids to the porch with a dead chicken around their neck but some time with a belt or kneeling on frozen peas will work wonders for most.

Top Bottom