• ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    UC2601.png

Had a Kershaw, but I like this one better. Keeps an edge longer :). From United Cutlery.

are you serious?

met eng gun nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have three that I carry depending on the situation. At work I have a cheap Kobalt with a utility knife blade. At the range a leatherman. and going out I carry a slim M16

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    are you serious?

You betcha. I've had to keep resharpening the kershaw over and over again, and this new one has been great. I am a liberal user of pointy things though, due to my work, for things from opening boxes, to cutting wire for telecom punch panels, etc.

Not to mention, the opening mechanism got so loose that I couldn't tighten it any more.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Spyderco Tenacious and occasionally a Leatherman Blast which I am going to throw in the toolbox and replace with a Leatherman Wave.
    I also have a SOG Micron on my keychain.

Last edited:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    My favorite knife is the Gerber combat folder. It is the smoothest completely manually opening knife that I have ever held. My son uses the one that I gave him in his paramedic/fireman work instead of the CRKT fireman's knife that I also gave him. The CRKT is also a very good knife, but the operation is just not as smooth for either of our hands. My favorite knife, if I were allowed to carry it for purely intimidation would be the Gerber smatchet. That would make anyone do a double take on me.

74Ba-humbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Spyderco Waved Endura is my fav. Pull it out of your pocket and it's open and ready. It fits real well in my hand too. You can get them around 50 online.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Just started carrying a Kabar TDI in addition to my Kershaws and Sog Micron. I agree with some of the others that the sheath could be better, but what do I know? Never carried a fixed-blade for EDC.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not for LEO, at least according to a couple local LEO they can have it.

Not true. 35-47-5-4-1 of the Indiana Criminal Code. Ain't NOBODY 'sposed to have one. except military while in uniform on-duty.Any officer who carries one is subject to arrest and/or termination after an internal investigation.

Top Bottom