• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    I have about a dozen knives I like to carry but my current favorite is a Spyderco Para-Military with D2 blade steel and foliage green G10 grips. I carry an older Cold Steel SRK fixed blade with Carbon V steel when I am camping or hiking. I usually have a SAK super tinker next to wallet. That's the knife I use when the non-knife folks are around.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    Ad interesting thought comes to mind when reading this thread. When you carry a knife, do you regard it primarily as a tool or a weapon?

Mostly as a tool but if I had to I would use it as a weapon. I carry an Emerson knife with the Wave pocket opener if I know I will be heading into an area that makes me feel uncomfortable. With a little practice you can draw the knife and have it open in about a second. Very, very intimidating.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    I like the everday Keshaws, and I always have a skinner of sort on me, never know what somone in fromt od ya might run over.......lol

kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    I carry a Spyderco Deluca. My first EDC. I like it but it doesn't keep a sharp edge as long as I would like it to. I'd like to get a Benchmade next and maybe G10 steel

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    I carry different knives depending on the day. If I am around water or exercising, it is a Spyderco Pacific Salt, otherwise it could be a Spyderco Centofante 4 or a Military but I can't find it now. I think the Military was stolen or lost.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just picked up a CRKT Wild Weasel at the 1500 for $60, so far I like it a lot. The spring assist opening is super smooth and the 154cm steel has a really nice edge to it.

3081.jpg

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Today-

SAK classic- lfp
    Spyderco BUG (thanks KokomoDave)- keychain
    Leatherman Micra- keychain
    Kershaw 0500 MUDD- rfp
    REKAT Pioneer drop point- lfp

Knife accessories carried-

2 DMT Diasharp plates (1 coarse/1 fine) in my wallet. Very, very handy tools.

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    My every single day carry

Fallkniven A1 and a SOG B60 PowerLock, The Fallkniven is just an amazing workhorse. The SOG I love. Best multi tools on the market in my opinion. Mine is customized to include a Glock disassembly tool, That I use almost every single day being a Glock Armour. But any PowerLock can be set up to meet your needs. Awesome tool.

The sheath was custom made to meet my needs. It is a high ride that allows the majority of it to be covered easily by most shirts and still be comfortable.

IMG00039-20090830-2341.jpg

IMG00040-20090830-2342.jpg

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My every single day carry

Fallkniven A1 and a SOG B60 PowerLock, The Fallkniven is just an amazing workhorse. The SOG I love. Best multi tools on the market in my opinion. Mine is customized to include a Glock disassembly tool, That I use almost every single day being a Glock Armour. But any PowerLock can be set up to meet your needs. Awesome tool.

The sheath was custom made to meet my needs. It is a high ride that allows the majority of it to be covered easily by most shirts and still be comfortable.

IMG00039-20090830-2341.jpg

IMG00040-20090830-2342.jpg

Very nice rig! I used to carry a similar setup overseas with a Kabar that had a Gerber multitool in the pouch. That setup was very handy when you get outside and away from regular tools.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This is a real mans knife.... or maybe a nerds knife, but I love it. This pocket knife also has an LED on it that comes in handy more than anything else.

victorinox-swissmemory-512-mb-translucent-ruby.jpg

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I used to carry a first generation Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto but last year I found a SOG Spec Elite 2 for cheap on Ebay. I like the blade shape better, although it doesn't feel as solid(hefty) as the CS.

I also recently got a Cold Steel Kiridashi from a buddy and wear it often as a neck knife. I will probably eventually get the skinner version, the Kiridashi's tip looks rather fragile.

Finally, I also have a Cold Steel Tuff Lite Tanto on my keychain.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Spyderco/Byrd Black Crow, partially serated. I fell in love with Spydercos with my original "Police" model, and I've owned several other models (Calypso, etc.) since then. But I especially love the black anodized aluminum handle and liner lock on the Black Crow. And the black finish makes it very inconspicuous in my pocket. The pocket clip is reversible as well.

SP-BY09BKPS.jpg

Top Bottom